Page 132 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1674

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 132

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Seriously i'll be rattling soon with the supplements I take

I've got some NAG (n-acetyl glucosamine) if I'm being particularly naughty on the food front - the fireman laughs about these ones, he says I dont need a pill to nag.
    heeheehee
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're improving! I keep adding supplements, too - but I really must stop!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'm looking to add D -- any sources you prefer here in NZ?

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I get my D from iherb, I've got the Healthy Origins 5000iu ones, but I got lucky getting them through, they'll only allow 1000iu in, (MAF pulls them out of your package and sends you a snotty note) No doubt buying from Iherb is cheaper.... I've looked at the local health food shop and seriously everything I have bought through iherb is at least 3 or 4 times more expensive here.

Not a lot to report today. Shocker on the food front yesterday. I started well and had a coconut cream protein shake for breakfast and then someone tempted me with brownie... really good brownie I have to say. Then I had a really upset tummy, which I havent had for ages, so that kind of cleaned everything out. Then I had to pop out at lunchtime so decided to stop at KFC for a piece of chicken and chips for lunch. Then I needed to get a photo taken for my british citizen application and they didnt have eftpos so I had to go to the dairy and buy something so I could ask for some extra cash, so I bought pineapple lumps (no, not real pineapple lumps for the non nzers reading this, they are lollies) Hmmmm. Went to the pub after work, had a couple of wines and a nice big juicy sirloin steak and chips. Got home and had a chocolate and cointreau liquer. See how bad I was

However today is a whole new day! I have started well, bacon and eggs. I will try really hard to be good today. Seriously it is no wonder I am feeling pudgy.

remember the wagon... I'm still looking for it.... every now and then it comes back into view and I think I can catch it, and then it just pulls away a little. I'm good and then I'm bad, good then bad. I am about as far removed from primal as I could ever be at the moment. hence not much to say.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you need to stop looking at it in terms of "good" and "bad"...

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Greensprout.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Me three.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

hmmm well I can really only classify myself as good and bad. I dont know how else to do it.

Yesterday was mostly "good" but with a few fall offs

Bacon and eggs for breakfast, out for lunch with a friend and we had shared tapas, (scallops, lamb koftas, calamari and crumbed mushrooms - oh yeah except for the breading mostly good) washed down with a sav. a tiny peanut chocolate slab bar after lunch. Usual thursday down at our local, so 2 glasses of sav and the fireman and I shared a small mushroom risotto and steak and chips. I did have a cookie with a cup of tea when I got home though

I did do some squats when I got up this morning... hey better than nothing! Got some gardening planned for the weekend not to mention washing the dogs and doing housework so that can be considered moving slowly and lifting heavy things And I use my brain all the time, I'm always researching something on line and I nearly always do a suduko before I go to bed, and I sleep really well at the moment. So all things considered, I'm probably about 70/30 primal. I am very seriously considering doing a carpark share with someone which means I'll have to do a lot more walking to and from teh train station. That will be good for me! For me its all about getting started and motivated. I can feel that motivation just there, just slightly out of my grasp so I just have to stretch a bit to grab it. I need to stop focussing on my good or bad food choices and start focussing on exercise.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not so bad at all, definitely more "good" than "bad". Glad to hear the sleep is good, (we all know lack of it is a big issue for me) considering all the sleep troubles you had a while back.

I hear you on the motivation thing. It seems to wax and wane...for you and me both. I like the plan to focus on exercise. That's one concrete and 'do-able' thing, the rest will come. A good start on one aspect seems to evolve into doing more in other areas.