Page 12 of 165 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 12

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    sometimes I feel like this is my confessional... bless me father for I have sinned (by the way I am in no way religious). so to food logs -
    friday
    B bacon and fried egg I think
    S usual friday morning tea break with the team and I indulged in a florentine biscuit (dried fruit and nuts with a thin layer of chocolate on the bottom if you are wondering what they are)
    L soup
    D met boyfriend at pub after work. The plan was to have a drink and then go home and cook dinner. we ended up going to another pub for another drink and then went to the local indian restaurant where I proceeded to help him polish off half a bottle of wine (on top of what we'd already had) and some chicken tikka pieces and a chicken and lamb korma. i had a little bit of rice with it.
    I did not sleep very well, surprise surprise after all that wine! But we had a good night out
    saturday
    B boyfriend cooked me a poached egg on toast (yes I know, but i have to say I did enjoy it, a poached egg is lovely to have and it really needs something to soak it up - it was only 1 slice) with bacon.
    L I shared an omelette at a cafe with my man, I wasnt very hungry but it helped to fill a small gap. I was very sleepy, I wonder if it could have been as a result of the bread I had at breakfast so I had a little nap after lunch.
    S family over for dinner so cheese and rice crackers
    D coq au vin, with kumara mash and brocoli. Tiramisu for dessert. 1 cosmopolitan before dinner, 1 good sized red wine with dinner, 1 kahlua and milk after dinner. Oh and I forgot to confess about the small piece of bread I had with dinner. Bad sue
    sunday
    B omelette with mushroom and cheese and bacon
    S shared a beer with my man and had some rice crackers with hummus, seriously this garlic hummus is just delicious. I have a new addiction
    D currently cooking beef in red wine sauce as partners daughters are coming over for dinner tonight. will be trying to avoid wine, surely there is enough in the dinner.
    did day 3, week 2 of the 100 pushup challenge, got to 10 to failure. I have to say my rotator cuff injury feels like it is getting worse, I wonder if the push ups are adding insult to injury. am getting acupuncture on monday.
    so yes my eating still leaves a lot to be desired. It is a wet rainy cold stormy sort of day today, nice day to stay home and cook and read... I am reading Good calories, bad calories. Very interesting so far, but I have to use all my concentration to follow it... no skim reading like I would normally do
    and there we are, another weekend nearly over. sigh.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hey Suse, don't beat yourself up about it. Cold, wet, dreary fall weather can get the best of us, as does being out with other people. Tomorrow's another day. Just take a minute to remember your goals and reframe/refocus on what you want to be doing.

Thanks GS. After the girls left last night (taking with them some dried pasta in the cupboard we will never use and the half container full of garlic hummus that just had to go) we decided that it is time to get tough. We are both feeling a bit blobby. I feel like I have a bit of a pain in my side, perhaps it is the grainy stuff not agreeing in the colon or perhaps its just my imagination. Boyfriend said he felt a bit gassy. Anyway, we decided, no more hummus for a while, no more snacks. Cut back on the booze as well, boyfriend has had a lot more beer of late and I think he is feeling it and of course I'm a wine hag I did not have a single day last week wine free and I had really hoped to have at least 2. Hmmm. Overall I think we do okay on our eating but we could improve. We definitely dont want to become all anal retentive about it, I mean a rice cracker here and there or a piece of bread or a bit of potato isnt going to kill us, but I can totally see how it all just creeps back in and before you know it you're back to eating toast or cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and cheese and grainy crackers before dinner with heaps of mashed potato. I feel much better eating the way I do now.

well it was a pretty good day food wise yesterday.
    B Scrambled eggs with cream
    S coffee with cream
    L Leftover beef casserole from Sunday
    D Leftover Coq au Vin from Saturday with veges, NO WINE! Yay. Small square of dark chocolate
    I said no to the white chocolate that was out again at work. Probably because I had sufficient fats during the day it made it easier to forego the sugary white chocolate.

Had my physio/acupuncture appt yesterday and have been advised to stop the 100 pushup challenge for the time being. Give my shoulder a chance to heal properly. So am going to do a solid 3 weeks (3 times a week) of acupuncture and then I am off on holiday. So will do no pushups until after the holiday.

I was fully expecting a good nights sleep last night, but had terrible stomach pains, had to get up and get a hot water bottle and take pain killers in the middle of the night. Bit like period pain but no period (I have a Mirena IUD so hardly ever get a period) Perhaps it was ovulation pain. Dont know but it was not a very restful night.

ok day yesterday, felt very tired all day
    B Bacon and fried egg
    L BAS salad with chicken and bacon and a taster of a thing called a frooze ball... date, nuts, carob rolled in coconut? It was ok but wouldnt rave about it... on a bright note I suppose it meant I was much better able to say no to the white chocolate.... yes it was out again!!!
    D beef stir fry, didnt really enjoy it though. 1 small vodka and orange, 1 small white wine, 1 med red wine. A very small handful of potato chips before dinner - that was my boyfriends fault, he got them out
    Slept very well last night, fell asleep with light on in fact. Still feel exhausted today though. I also have really sore calf muscles, not sure what thats about as havent done any exercise. Still have a little bit of a stomach ache as well. Perhaps I'm going through low carb flu or something.

OK where do I start. what a terrible day i had yesterday
    B Protein shake with coconut cream and splash of normal cream and chilled water. Good start!
    L a small amount of left over coq au vin with mashed kumara, not a huge meal by any means.
    Then it all goes down hill I'm afraid. White chocolate bar. Then someone bought lollies, and I ate about 8 of those (when I checked the pack, a serving size was 3 and that was something like 14g of sugar!!! - yes, and I had nearly 3 serves.
    D had my monthly book club meeting with the girls. I came home and made a nice thai green curry. I didnt have any cauliflower though so made real rice. didnt really plan on eating any of the rice though. HOWEVER... so get to my friend's place who is hosting and sat there at her kitchen table chatting drinking wine, eating cheese and crackers (no idea what sort of crackers, probably grain) and eating potato chips, lots of potato chips. lots of cheese and crackers. ok so then the others arrive and we get on to dinner. so we had thai green curry (which I have to say was quite delicious), a rather nice morrocan lamb on couscous, and ravioli. so of course i had a bit of everything. rice, couscous, pasta.... could this night get any worse. But wait... yes of course it can, i havent had dessert yet. so one of the other girls had bought a ready made cheesecake thingy, all sugary sweetness. Ok I only had a small slice but nonetheless I hoed into it. Yeah so suffice to say that yesterday was a complete disaster. when I got home my stomach was swollen and distended and I felt really rather gross. thankfully I did sleep pretty well.

woke up today and felt tired. decided to flag work and call in sick. a mental health day was needed. I fought with myself over this, will i get up and go or stay in bed. bed won. I have been tired and blah all week. had a good breakfast and then walked the dogs - a nice big long walk. managed to get down to our little cafe before the rain. Had a cup of tea and then headed back home after the rain shower. Perfect timing. Then my partner decided that we should head out to the hot springs (they are about an hour out of the city) so that was nice, the sun was shining out there, the water was warm as toast, it was lovely - warmed me to the core. then we drove home via a really good fish and chip shop (beautiful fresh snapper). Not ideal, probably cooked in some dreadful oil but actually it was worth it. It was a nice piece of fish and some really tasty golden salty chips. just what I needed. Needless to say I am not eating dinner tonight. I am now on the water only. so i'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow. definitely the last 24 hours have been 20/80 as opposed to 80/20. was it just a hormonal crash that sent me off on this tangent. who knows.

well I IF'ed from lunch yesterday (approx 1.30pm) to breakfast this morning (7.30am) so whats that, 18 hrs! Feel much better for it and back on track again although stomach feels a little bloated again after my breakfast this morning (which wasnt particularly big, bacon and eggs but am following it up with a protein shake with coconut cream). IF'ing is a strange thing. I dont feel hungry per se when I am in the mindset not to eat, I get a bit of a stomach growl but thats about it. I just feel somewhat bored, or like something is missing (yeah food!). It's habit really that we eat, isnt it?. Anyway I took my mind off a growly stomach by doing some housework last night, vacuuming and dusting and washing. There was nothing worth watching on tv as usual and was home alone so good to get a few chores out of the way!

wanted to post while I am feeling good and happy and having just had a success. The success is that I got home from work (and am on my own again tonight) and thought oh shit, what am i going to have for dinner and really felt like just being a lazy bones. Grabbed a packet of chippies from the pantry, checked the ingredients - OMG MSG! put them back, must remember to talk to boyfriend about checking labels. also a pile of other crap stuff in them too. so go sue, I put them away....

Then I decided I would cook dinner. sprinkled a chicken breast with lime and chilli seasoning, wrapped it in bacon and baked it. served it on a bed of baby spinach with goats feta and capsicum. Yummy.

am making some kumara (sweet potato) crisps as I write. Not sure how they'll turn out. I can smell them baking, yummmm. some of them are browning a bit quick, just had a taste, hmmm not so good, makes them a bit bitter, but have turned oven right down now so they cook slower. I only did a tiny batch. cookign them in a mix of olive and macadamia oil sprinkled with rock salt and pepper. will see and let you know.

anyway, rest of day,
    B bacon and eggs
    S florentine for morning tea (yeah i know, its my friday thing)
    L met a friend at a thai restaurant for lunch. chicken with ginger, NO RICE. very nice
    D well yes I had the chicken noted above, would probably have been better to have meat but I'm ok with it. will take a couple of extra fish oils

had accupuncture today. physio said it could explain why I have been feeling very tired and flat this week. maybe. maybe hormones. oh well.

anyway just wanted to post that I felt today was a success. sometimes you just need to get over the laziness.

one step forward, two steps backwards....well sort of.
    B Bacon and scrambled eggs (made with cream)
    S popped out to the garden centre to pick up some lemon and lime trees to plant in our garden. stopped in at a very nice coffee shop on the way home that makes the most delicious russian fudge. Now earlier this year we went to this cafe and i eyed the russian fudge and said to my partner, no I cant have a piece of that while I am this fat, but when I have lost some weight I intend to come back and have a square (and it is a square, about 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch) so yes I had a square and my partner had a bite out of the corner so I didnt even have the whole square!!! but on a positive note, I did not put sugar in my tea.
    L leftover thai green curry from the other night, it had the rice with it and shared a beer with my partner
    D after a very busy day in the garden clearing up (and a big dog walkk) we went to a lovely french restaurant for dinner. This place is seriously good. Had garlic bread. Oh. My. God. I'm sorry, and yes I know bread is evil, but this was so crispy and laden with garlic butter that oozed all the way through it, it was just so good. I dont mind falling off my no bread wagon for this treat from time to time.
    I had pork wrapped in bacon and served with a lovely creamy sauce and my partner had duck confit. Both I have to say were quite delicious. We shared a creme brulee for dessert and my partner got some blue cheese and crackers. I tried the blue cheese but I have to say, yuk. I dont know why I keep trying it really, it is just gross.

anyway even though I say one step forward two back, I dont really think its a problem. we had a busy day, we enjoyed the sunshine, we enjoyed a nice dinner with lovely wine. I jumped on the scales this morning and they said 53.9 with 22% body fat, so I'm pretty happy with that.

It is another beautiful day here (albeit bloody chilly) so am off to walk the dogs and get some vit D.

a reasonable day yesterday. Huge dog walk after breakfast (bacon and eggs). Then off to look for a new pot to plant the root-bound yukka in. Had lunch at the garden centre, pumpkin soup and oops, it came with bread (yes that nice crunchy ciabatta I am so fond of). Well the soup was a ridiculous price (for soup) so I thought, dammit better eat the bread and get the whole value Had some of my homemade kumara crisps with a glass of wine in the late afternoon on the deck as the sun was going down. Then I made a shepherds pie topped with kumara (served with brocoli on the side - I can never have too much brocoli). Yum and that will be my lunch for a couple of days this week.

So aside from the bread two days in a row, I think it was a pretty good weekend. I do have a new found appreciation of eating a slice of really good bread.... I dont want to do it often by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not going to beat myself up about having some on the odd occasion.

Sleep still a bit restless which is a pain but I'm guessing I'm getting enough.