Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 11

Suse is offline Senior Member
    friday food log
    B protein shake with coconut cream and milk ( i used a lot more coconut cream in this than I normally do and I think it had a rather explosive effect on me a couple of hours later)
    S chicken pastry savoury for morning tea
    L not really hungry but felt like munching on something so had a packet of potato chips
    D out for drinks with friends. Had chicken and bacon type open sandwich thing. ate the bread it was on..hopeless. 3 large glasses of wine.

saturday
    B Bacon and egg
    S Coffee with cream (quite a strong expresso, I'm not a big coffee drinker at all, this was strong and I felt wired all day)
    skipped lunch not hungry
    D steak - same meal as a few nights back, celery leek carrot combo, brocoli, scalloped potato (made with 50/50 potato, kumara) a few too many snacks of rice biscuits and cheese beforehand. a couple of cosmopolitans. I said to partner before bed, we've got to stop eating the snacks - we both felt a little pudgy.
    managed to get a quick half hr walk in with the dogs. Had a neighbour text me friday night to complain about dogs barking - huh... we were all tucked up in bed asleep when he texted so he got short sharp shift from me - mentioned people up the street had a new puppy. actually my two have been pretty good since they got their new kennel. when we got home from shopping yesterday they werent at the garage door to greet me as usual, and when i got up to the deck, I could see they were sound asleep in their kennel... too cute. photo attached.

will try to be a little better on primal front today although we are heading up to partners brother for dinner so dont know whats in store. although I am making a baked cheesecake for dessert - yes I know, not primal at all. and plan to be good and only have a wine with dinner and not before.
    Attached Images Attached Images

well so much for trying to be a little better on the primal front yesterday. Off to a good start with breakfast and even a primal snack for morning tea - half a primal cookie, decided I wasnt that hungry and gave other half to my partner to finish. No lunch. Made the cheesecake and ended up having a slice for afternoon tea once we got to family. Dinner was a thai meal and I had some Pad Thai, (noodles) ... actually now that I think about it, that was the worst of it, cause the rest of dinner was chicken curry and a carrot and chilli salad. But then I had another slice of cheesecake for dessert oh well. I'm trying to think of what was the worst thing about the cheesecake, lots of cream cheese and sour cream and the biscuit base I suppose. Oh and I had a wine before dinner too. oops. C'est la vie!

Unfortunately got a text from neighbour about one of the dogs barking so we had to head home early. I dont know if she was or not... perhaps she just doesnt like being out in the dark at night. we stopped the car at the top of street and walked down and there was no barking that we could hear. Perhaps she was having a break. Its hard to know what to do. It makes for a very stressful relationship with my partner though as he is not dog friendly at all and puts up with my dogs and so gets annoyed when we have to come home early. And I get annoyed with him for being annoyed with the dogs and before you know it we're not talking to each other. Tricky.

ok I am not doing so well. I was reading through my journal yesterday and another I kept a bit earlier on another site. I was soooo good in the beginning, I was turning stuff down rather than indulging. Lately I just shrug and think 80/20. Its got to stop. Well I mean its got to stop every day anyway... 80/20 is great for letting you feel not so heinously guilty but it should be more random. It's not like I'm being terrible all the time but there is a lot more sugar creeping in lately... last night I went to a fundraising movie (Love Happens with Jennifer Aniston... wouldnt rate it that highly, chick flick for sure) and I ate cheese and crackers and a small pastry, bag of potato chips and small packet of M&M's. Now honestly, that would all be fine, if I hadnt been having a cheat nearly every day. I need to pull my head in. I also need to do more exercise - I think that is something else I have noticed, in the beginning when I was doing my boot camp, I was really burning fat off. Not so much now, as I'm not really extending myself at the gym. Anyway this is just a little reflection of how I am feeling about stuff.

Food log yesterday
    B: Scrambled eggs
    L: BAS with chicken and bacon.
    D: Crap and 2 glasses of bubbles while at the fundraiser.
    On a positive note, I did get a fairly decent nights sleep in last night.

well lets start with the positive. I felt like I had another good nights sleep. Yay finally...
    Food log yesterday:
    B: Protein shake, with coconut cream, milk and chilled water (decided I should reduce the milk content)
    L: I was absolutely Starving with a capital S. Got some chicken tenders from Burger King. I thought about a salad but I wanted something hot to eat and I just couldnt think what to get that wouldnt have pasta or something. So I decided on 9 chicken tenders. Not ideal but it could be worse.
    S: We had a pile of white chocolate bars (left over now that NZ is out of the football world cup) I ate one. I could have easily had half a dozen so 1 is good.
    D: Had 4 thin slices of camenbert with a bit of garlic hummus. Note.. I did NOT have it with rice crackers! Then I had bacon and egg for dinner with a couple of glasses of sauvignon.

I did my 100 pushup challenge last night and got to 8 full pushups, am slightly ahead of the schedule which is good. I also took the dogs out for a quick run when I got home so yesterday was not an abysmal failure by any means.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm ... you're making me want a glass of wine. But alcohol is something I definitely need to cut out!

Actually, I want sweet potatoes now too
    Last edited by tooround; 06-29-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: sp

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hooray for 2 decent sleeps! Hopefully that continues for you.

Sounds like you're at a point where you're really not looking to lose more weight, so maybe it is reasonable to have a maintenance level of carbs, say in the 100-150g range, especially if you do get in the regular exercise that you're aiming for. I hear what you mean about chalking everything extra to the 80/20 thing...too many times of that and the 20 creeps more toward 30 or 40. As long as there is room for some wine in your 20%, I think you should do just fine.

yes you're kind of right. I feel happy at the weight I am now, but i'd just like to shake some of that belly flab. I think I just dont have quite the level of motivation to really do it though... its winter, its cold, perhaps I want to hang on to that flab to keep me warm But come September I intend to get back into my bootcamp workout twice a week as a) its fun and b) I really think it goes along with the primal blueprint of HIIT workout and heavy lifting sort of all combined in one workout.

Its funny but when I'm naked I can totally see the improvements in my body and feel happy and content with myself, but put clothes on me and then I get that uh uh, thats not so hot feeling. Perhaps I should join a nudist colony. Hahahahahahahaha. Well i would consider it if everyone else had hot bodies for me to look at but from what I have seen (on tv and at one semi-nudist campground I visited a friend at once) it is mostly not that attractive

so a pretty good day yesterday I think
    B: Bacon and scrambled egg
    L: chicken and avocado salad, tiny cup of pumpkin soup with it as I wanted something warm
    D: Fish dipped in egg and almond flour (ta da! no breading and it looked just as good if you ask me and was ok), salad and oven fries (not a lot though, not compared to what I would have used to eat) couple of glasses of sauvignon, 1 square dark chocolate after dinner and a cup of green tea.
    Now THAT really is a good day. and I said no to a white chocolate bar after lunch. It really took all my will power, believe me! I didnt go to the gym though yesterday but am definitely going today as have forced a colleague to come with me at lunchtime Weigh in day shortly, I expect to be about the same as last week - if I am more then it will be because I am wearing more clothes today.

weigh in, up 200g to 55.7kg. Just looking back at my journal and I would probably have to put that down to the extra sugar consumed this week. If I didnt re-read I probably would have thought 'oh I dont understand why I've put that weight on'. Also not a lot of exercise has happened this week. Interesting, it has been one year since I first started weighing in consistently. 1 year ago I weighed 59.9kg. My goal weight that I set a year ago was 55 kg and I remember at the time thinking "oh thats not much that shouldnt take long". Then I got as high as 60.6 kg in October (I put on 1.5 kg in one week, I felt seriously depressed). ok it wasnt as easy as I thought. So getting to 55 is definitely still my goal, but I think realistically it may not happen until the summer.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    pretty good day yesterday
    B: Protein shake with coconut milk
    L: Pumpkin soup and a chicken leg
    D: My boyfriend had been beavering away on accounts all day so I took him out for dinner. We had tapas; calamari, haloumi cheese wrapped in bacon, chicken tikka pieces and a beef stir fry kind of thing. Lots of mesclun salad mix with them all. So quite a good primal style dinner I think. 2 glasses of wine. The difference between having 2 glasses of wine when I am out and when I am home is huge though. My standard pour at home is probably around 125mls but out, a standard pour in nz for a wine is around 180mls. I really notice the difference. Had a square of dark chocolate when I got home and a cup of tea.
    I also said no to the white chocolate at work today.. well done me!!!
    I also went to the gym.
    I also did my 100 pushup challenge - sets as follows 5,6,5,5,8. Getting there! The last one on the set of 8 was a killer. Next week I should be up to 10 to failure. Its quite a cool challenge to do actually. My partner says my form is really good and I'm definitely getting some muscles in my arms.
    Strangely I feel a bit bloated today, perhaps I just need to go to the toilet Very dream filled sleep again last night, grrr.

Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast