Page 109 of 165 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1642

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 109

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I see you've been catching up WNC!

Man I'm feeling quite rotund today. Blah. It doesnt help that the dress I'm wearing is quite form fitting and i"ve got pantyhose on that seem to be cutting off my waist and making everything poke out. If only I could wander around naked it would make life so much easier!

Went out at lunchtime and tried on glasses frames. Gawd, what a task! I think I have decided on a pair. I am giving some serious thought to transition lenses, ie, clear lenses but will go dark out in the sunshine. Has anyone got them, had them, care to comment for me. I'd hate to spend several hundred dollars and then find I hate them. But it is a pain in the butt whenever I go outside and have to whip out my sunglasses and then go back in side and have to put on my normal frames. My only potential problem I see is that there is a lot more scope for sun to get in behind normal lenses... the frames dont cover your eyes as much. Perhaps I'll hate them. oh boy, more decision making and I'm really not in the mood

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    My brother wears Transitions and loves them. It saves the hassle of buying indoor and outdoor prescription glasses and the whole swapping thing you were talking about.

I know what you mean about making decisions like that though, it's a huge waste of money if you get them and then can't stand them. Would you're optometrist lend you a pair of prescription-free ones so that you can have a play around with them?

I asked if they had any when I was there but no. I am concerned that they might not tint when I am driving.... I cant stand glare or sunlight in my eyes. Hmmm so many questions. I'm short sighted so I only need my glasses for looking at stuff in the distance, I dont wear them for reading or at the computer or anything, just generally walking around, watching tv, driving. A very low prescription too, not coke bottle lenses!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Transitions reviews.

Apparently they need UV light to change, so they don't change in the car. Google is your friend.

thanks em. Yes i had googled about reviews this was one of my concerns, ie, if they would change in the car.. Perhaps newer ones do. Perhaps I just need to suck itup and get two pairs. Or maybe get progressives in my sunglasses so that I dont have to take them off when I want to read. Ok next question, anyone experienced progressive lenses?

yesterday I had a florentine at morning tea, i dont know why, just felt like one. bad sue. lunch was leftover beef wellington and vege and dinner was a yummy chicken tikka masala curry from the indian across the road from the pub. went for our usual thursday drink!!!!

5am and wide awake, pretty much since 4.30. but to be fair I was dead to the world before 9.30. I think I may have fallen asleep mid sentence.

another night of waking in the middle of the night for a few hours. so annoying. and today I came over all strange after lunch my stomach just completely griped up and i went hold and cold,(too soon for it to be food poisoning and anyway the fireman and I shared and he was fine), and so had to rush home and sit on the loo for a while. yup emptied out. Not pleasant. On the plus side, I'm having an alcohol free night tonight! and I've just had a few rice crackers and dip for my dinner and an icecream. Cant be bothered to cook anything obviously. and i'll be heading to bed shortly I think.

oh and by the way I decided on my glasses.... I have chosen to have the transition lenses as I have a 30 day guarantee, ie, if I dont like them i can take them back. when i get them, i will take a photo!

well I had another crappy night of sleep on saturday night but went out for breakfast with the fireman and had a nice eggs benedict (which I wolfed down cause I was a bit hungry having not really had any dinner night before) My stomach was still a bit upset, I had quite a bit of pain under my ribs (just like last time) and it was painful trying to take a deep breath. I am going to see the doc about that as I feel intuitively something isnt quite right, it strikes me as odd that I am getting these sudden bugs and then the pain under the ribs. I feel fine today though. I did have a lovely night of sleep last night, was out cold by about 8.30, woke briefly at 12 and then slept through till 5.45am. Nice!

So even though I wasnt feeling shit hot yesterday I did a few chores, the usual weekend picking up the doggy do-do and then some gardening, which was really just weeding out the vege garden (not many, just those tiny little ones that creep through, I hate them and get all anal about getting them all out!) Fed the veges, and put down some fresh slug and snail bait. Everythign is lookign good, it'll be weeks of course before we see anything approaching a vegetable! Then I just tidied up around the general garden, the fireman was digging a couple of holes to put some posts in where we are putting up a small trellis fence. I bought myself some gumboots a few weeks back so it is good going round the garden now, inevitably I'd end up standing in dog poo I hadnt seen in my shoes which really used to bug me. Doesnt worry me in my gummies cause its much easier to wash off (no worry about having to get my shoes dried out)

Made a nice shepherds pie for dinner. That'll be my leftovers today.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    oh and by the way I decided on my glasses.... I have chosen to have the transition lenses as I have a 30 day guarantee, ie, if I dont like them i can take them back. when i get them, i will take a photo!
    Yes, photo please

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    My stomach was still a bit upset, I had quite a bit of pain under my ribs (just like last time) and it was painful trying to take a deep breath. I am going to see the doc about that as I feel intuitively something isnt quite right, it strikes me as odd that I am getting these sudden bugs and then the pain under the ribs.

So even though I wasnt feeling shit hot yesterday I did a few chores,
    You did more while feeling bad than I did all day today!

Hopefully the doc will be able to figure it out.
    Last edited by winencandy; 06-19-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: cleaning up my post
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hubby had transitions and liked them - they didn't change in the car, but they did cut the glare so he wasn't all that bothered. Now he has progressives, which he hates. He reckons he has to hold his head on a funny angle all the time and it's giving him headaches. I've noticed lately that he's taking them off to read.

Do you have gallbladder issues?? Could explain the gastric dumping and pain.

Re the gummies - I have a pair of Bunnings ones - about $40 worth, but a friend has just spent $200 (!!!!) on a pair of dark red gumboots to wear to her son's soccer games. She says she has to get up an hour earlier now to make sure her makeup and clothes match the gummies. ROFLMAO.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

i dont think I have gall bladder issues, and anyway I would have thought that would be on the right, my pain has been on the left both times. Anyway as I say, I'm fine today and probably when I go the doc, there'll be nothing to see. It is strange though. I find a hottie on the tummy helps.

My gummies are bright red, $20 from the warehouse! Love them!

love this wee story in the herald today,
    106-year-old: Long walks key to long life - National - NZ Herald News
    I figure that her long life can be attributed to no kids