Page 105 of 168 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1674

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 105

winencandy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    well I'm hoping he is ok today. Seemed fine this morning, anyway he's home alone (or at least with starr) so he better be. I was wondering if he got stung by a bee or something and got a fright and hence, wanted to come inside from the "danger". I'll never know... I do wish they could talk sometimes. My what an interesting conversation that would be
    Leo: When's dinner
    Starr: yeah, I'm hungry
    Leo: is it time for a walk yet
    Starr: meh, I'd rather have my stomach rubbed
    Leo: what about dinner, I'm hungry
    Sometimes I wonder, and sometimes I'm glad I don't know

On an unrelated side note I am doing the stairs at work twice a day this week. Just done 2nd lot. Much easier if I take my high heels off Boy do I get the lactic acid burn in my legs.
    Good!
    And I agree, much easier without the heels!!!

We did watch a bit of tv first though, followed up watching the 2nd half of a show that does home improvements, mike holmes, canadian guy. Man, seriously, you watch these programs and I just start to get horrified by the way people build or renovate homes.
    I know the show - Holmes on Homes. Sometimes I wonder what he'd say if he knew that we bought a farm and farm house without ever going into the house! Seriously, we bought the farm at least a year ago and I've never been past the kitchen door! The old man who owned the place still lives there. He rents it and he can stay there as long as he wants too. Someday I may actually get to see inside it!

I woke up at 4am and decided to read my book for a while. Not always a good idea when you are reading a thriller type book, harder to put down.

On another note, my other shoulder has started to get a niggle. Yes I hear you all groan!!! I am petrified of it turning into another frozen shoulder. I have no idea what I have done, it is just having these odd really uncomfortable niggles. I dont know if I should go and get some physio on it or not (add to that that I've got no extra cash at the moment and so I'm thinking no) So what to do, what to do. The other shoulder is still very tight and I dont have full range of movement back. I'm turning into an old lady. Bah humbug.
    Oh no

And finally, may have new tenants for my mum's house at the beach. family with a disabled son, service dog to let them know when he is going to have a seizure and by the sounds of things an elderly mother. They sound like they will be good tenants, well I hope so cause really not many people let people rent their homes if they have pets, service animals or not!
    I hope it works out for you and them!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Not a lot to report today. My other shoulder is twinging away merrily, so much so that I have asked the fireman to get me some voltaren gel today when he is out and about. I'll probably take some anti-inflammatories (cant take voltaren tabs though as it makes me go dizzy) to see if it helps and I think I'll book a couple of physio sessions to be on the safe side... probably wont help at all, but it cant hurt eh?

Food yesterday:
    B: protein shake with coconut cream at work - we had no eggs at home ... gasp, shock, horror!
    L: Shared a nice lemon thyme chicken salad with some fries with the fireman
    D: Chicken satay stirfry. Had a Joybar icecream after dinner. A few wines. Oh and a handful of mini poppadoms to snack on pre-dinner.
    Slept well.
    I did contemplate snacking yesterday (fancied a florentine for morning tea but decided against it and felt like chocolate after lunch and decided against that too) so managed to get through the day without eating rubbish so I suppose that is good.

I think its gonna be one of those years! So I tried to ring my mum today, but she was in the shower so got talking to her care-giver that pops in every day to do a bit of housework, help her shower etc. She's concerned that mum now needs 24 hour care. Doesnt really think my brother is coping very well, worries about the lack of hygiene, the meals he's feeding her (lots of takeaways by the sounds of things) Hmmmmmmm!

Going to have to have a chat with the mental health coordinator to see what she thinks of mum's mental state (she has vascular dementia if I've never mentioned this before) I mean I know it isnt good, but 24 hour care seems extreme. And my brother has been out of the house a lot more helping my other brother with his moving business so mum is alone a lot of the time more so nowadays. It wont be a financial problem to put her in a rest home but man, I would feel terrible if it came to that. She would hate it, and not only that, she wont be parted from her dog. I've always thought when the dog passes away, mum wont be too far behind. The dog (a lovely old border collie) is about 13?

Anyway, sigh. more problems, more stuff for me to worry about. I had a florentine this morning just to keep my cortisol levels down

I did contemplate snacking yesterday (fancied a florentine for morning tea but decided against it and felt like chocolate after lunch and decided against that too) so managed to get through the day without eating rubbish so I suppose that is good.
    Yes!!!!!

I think its gonna be one of those years! So I tried to ring my mum today, but she was in the shower so got talking to her care-giver that pops in every day to do a bit of housework, help her shower etc. She's concerned that mum now needs 24 hour care. Doesnt really think my brother is coping very well, worries about the lack of hygiene, the meals he's feeding her (lots of takeaways by the sounds of things) Hmmmmmmm!

Going to have to have a chat with the mental health coordinator to see what she thinks of mum's mental state (she has vascular dementia if I've never mentioned this before) I mean I know it isnt good, but 24 hour care seems extreme. And my brother has been out of the house a lot more helping my other brother with his moving business so mum is alone a lot of the time more so nowadays. It wont be a financial problem to put her in a rest home but man, I would feel terrible if it came to that. She would hate it, and not only that, she wont be parted from her dog. I've always thought when the dog passes away, mum wont be too far behind. The dog (a lovely old border collie) is about 13?

Anyway, sigh. more problems, more stuff for me to worry about. I had a florentine this morning just to keep my cortisol levels down
    Sorry about your new mom worries Hopefully you can figure out something)

I wouldn't be parted from my dogs either!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

thanks wnc. well I had a busy day on the phone to a number of people trying to sort out mum. The DHB (district health board) pays some funding for the elderly to keep them in their own home. mum has been getting an hour of personal care each day (for showering, getting started for teh day) and 2 hrs a week for housework. I've managed to get them to increase funding so that she now gets an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening, the evenng hour will be to make sure she has had a meal (they dont prepare it, but they can put a frozen meal in microwave - unfortunately mum cant really be trusted with microwaves any more - we've had a couple of fires - eek) and to just generally make sure she is safe and secure and has taken her medication. we are looking into meals on wheels for a lunchtime call, whereby she'll get a hot meal. this would mean someone is there to look in on her, that she'll get a nutritionally balanced meal etc, and the one thing i will say about mum, put a meal in front of her and she'll eat it, all of it, even if she tells you she isnt hungry. I'm also looking at getting her some cranial osteopathy to deal with these headaches. I had a chat with her doctor and they dont really know what the headaches are about, she's been to see everyone essentially. doc suggested magnesium but I think that will need to be managed carefully as mum already has bowel issues, god forbid she gets more diarrhea. I asked if she'd been tested for vit d3, doc replied that they dont normally test for it as it is expensive (who knew, must raise a question on the Vit d thread about this) but thought mum was getting her D as she takes fosamax. anyway, had good chats with everyone, from the mental health nurse (who was first assigned when mum was having multiple hospital visits a few years back), the doctor, the support net person, the access health person, all very helpful. all completely understood where I was coming from and the problems with brothers on the scene not really being up to scratch.... I know they do the best they can, but sometimes its just not enough. I suppose in some ways I've been reluctant to do anything cause Im not there, and havent wanted to step on any toes but the time has come to just step on their toes and not worry about it.

as for me, I probably need to ring her more and go and visit a bit more often. I've told my sister that she should consider more than a once a year viist as well, even if that means us funding her to fly up from christchurch to do it. mum's getting old, she wont be around for that much longer really, she likes having her family around, even if we are maddening sometimes

food today
    B bacon and scrambled egg
    S dreaded but yummy florentine
    L leftover chicken satay stirfry
    D A few potato chips pre dinner, then burger pattie, egg, bacon, mushrooms and homemade kumara/potato hash. we didnt have any salad stuff, and the fireman couldnt be bothered to go out again and get some which was fine by me. and of course the obligatory wines... well after my day, I really did deserve a wine or 3!!! oh and the fireman attempted to make some miini golden syrup puddings (with rice flour). we werent really convinced they were that great, well I wasnt anyway... ate half. i'm not really a dessert eater though, definite treat department.

edit; it is 2.30 am as i write this, mind too bloody active. grrr
    Last edited by Suse; 05-25-2011 at 07:42 AM.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap Suse, you are definitely having quite the year aren't you? I'm glad you managed to get a few more things sorted out for your mum. It must be frustrating as hell being so far away, especially when your brothers are nearby and aren't doing what they should!
    I don't know that Vit D3 testing is expensive, I had a bunch of blood tests done privately when I went to my new doc. They tested bloody everything (I ended up with 8 different pages of results) including Vit D and the entire bill came to $165. I think your mums doc may be either mistaken or making excuses there.

Don't feel too bad about the wine, I had a few Mezcals yesterday too.... and I had no excuse.

yeah it is a bit frustrating at times. I'm definitely from the practical get things done side of the road. For instance, i could never actually look after my mother, I dont have the patience, I'm not at all a carer type of person. I really admire the care-givers that come in and help out... I just cant imagine showering my mother etc. But I would get the house clean and organised etc. When my dad was dying, I took several weeks off work to go down and help out at home as mum was caring for dad (she is a nurse) I did all the cooking and cleaning etc and made millions of cups of teas for multiple visitors. I was a dab hand at making really nice scones actually!

Gawd, today I am having a really rich piece of choc/caramel slice with a cuppa. It is making me sick, I'm going to throw the rest out. what the hell was I thinking. Seriously! I need to get a grip on myself and STOP EATING CRAP.

Well yesterday afternoon came and I had a sore throat and a headache so I decided to leave work early. and I'm taking a day off today as I feel a bit sniffy, no point in spending the day at work feeling miserable so I'll just feel miserable here. anyway I've already logged on to my work pc and done a few things that needed to be done. I suspect that coming down with something is just related to general stress levels. I'm sure i'll be fine in a few days if I look after myself. The fireman is out for a bit so I might have a crack at some of the SATZ training with the dogs.

fireman did a lovely piece of lamb last night with lots of roasted veges. yum. I went to bed early and slept mostly ok. very dreamy. Had a lie in this morning too which was nice.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Sucks that you're feeling lousy, but maybe use it as a chance to (in your words) STOP EATING CRAP!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm definitely from the practical get things done side of the road. For instance, i could never actually look after my mother, I dont have the patience, I'm not at all a carer type of person. I really admire the care-givers that come in and help out... I just cant imagine showering my mother etc. But I would get the house clean and organised etc.
    There's nothing wrong with that. It's a good thing to know your strengths and weaknesses.

Gawd, today I am having a really rich piece of choc/caramel slice with a cuppa. It is making me sick, I'm going to throw the rest out. what the hell was I thinking. Seriously! I need to get a grip on myself and STOP EATING CRAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Sucks that you're feeling lousy, but maybe use it as a chance to (in your words) STOP EATING CRAP!

Hope you are feeling better soon.
    what she said

The fireman is out for a bit so I might have a crack at some of the SATZ training with the dogs.
    Let us know how it goes.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy