Page 103 of 165 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1642

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 103

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    No free minibar (heh, that could be a good thing)
    Suse, alcohol in the USA is dirt cheap compared to Canadian prices (not sure about New Zealand)
    If it's not stocked, just go buy some!

winencandy I found this site for some cheap tickets to Cirque shows.
    Cirque Summer Deals | Cirque du Soleil Shows in Las Vegas
    Thanks! I'm thinking about Zumanity...
    Last edited by winencandy; 05-25-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    well finally got the offer on the house. Nope, not worth considering really. Very disappointing. I'm just running some figures now though as to selling it and putting the money in the bank or renting it and the hopefully selling it higher next year. Who knows! It's all a gamble isnt it!

Food yesterday
    B chicken and mushroom omelette with bacon on the side
    S 2 oaty digestivey type biscuits with a cuppa at morning tea. (yeah, I know, wheat flour in them)
    L leftover thai green curry and 2 squares of dark chock
    S pre dinner snacks, mini poppadums
    D Gluten free beef sausages with caramelised onion gravy and mashed kumara and brocoli. Too many wines.

this morning the fireman and i went out for breakfast. Bacon and eggs on some delicious turkish bread. I ate some of the bread. I really do find it hard to give up the grains I must say. Somedays I'm good and it is easy, and other days, meh, not so.

Maybe they'll come back with a better offer??

I really do find it hard to give up the grains I must say. Somedays I'm good and it is easy, and other days, meh, not so.
    Yup, you do
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

right well I have countersigned the offer and made a few changes to their terms and conditions. Given them until 4pm tomorrow to come back. I've told the agent that that is that, I'm not countersigning again. I've dropped $25k on the asking price and believe me the asking price was fair to start. I remembered today why it was that we accepted a lower offer a few years back and that was because mum wanted to go into a retirement village and we needed the money so we could buy her a unit there. Well now thats not an option I'm afraid, mum's next move out of the house will be into a rest home in all likelihood (and hopefully not for a wee while) so we kind of dont "need" the money per se. If mum went into a resthome, we would have enough money from rents to cover rest home costs. In the meantime, we can rent it out and it more than covers the mortgage. It would be nice to sell it and just not have the burden of it though but I guess if we get good tenants that want to stay a while then all is good. When mum passes away it will be more interesting, as no doubt the brothers will want the money out asap. The other thing is that if we did sell it now, mum would have a sizeable chunk of money which I would have to invest, and you can bet my brother would want to "borrow" some for some dodgy investment.

Either way, by tomorrow 4.05pm I'll know if we're selling or renting.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!!

I hope it works out for you one way or the other.

What will be will be!!

Oh my god, I ate so much food yesterday and am feeling it today. My stomach feels huge and not only that, the scales said, hey fattie.
    so yesterdays food log:
    B: Bacon and scrambled egg on some turkish bread.
    L: thai chicken and vege with rice - I ate the lot (it was from a thai restaurant, I met an out of town friend for lunch). It was quite salty though so no doubt a lot of the weight/bloating is water retention. Glass of wine with lunch
    D: Steak and chips from our local pub, 2 glasses of wine. 1 hot chocolate.
    So thats a lot of food for me, especially in terms of size of the meal - lunch was huge. My scales this morning said 54.5kg and 22.5 bf. If you recall just a few days ago I was 53.7KG and 21.9bf. So yeah, calories, amount of food you eat do matter. I probably should have had sex last night to burn some of those calories off

So today I will be endeavour to be good, I wont have anything to eat when I go out for morning tea! And I'm going ot have a protein shake for lunch and I've talked with the fireman about having fish for dinner. Just light food. And I will do some big walks with the doggies in the weekend.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'd say most of the weight is fluid.. Bread, rice, chips, chocolate... That's a lot of carbs and they do make you retain fluid. Just have a compensatory couple of lower carb days and you'll be back where you were in no time.

yeah I've peed a lot today, upped my water intake a bit. Had bacon and scrambled egg for breakfast and had a protein shake for lunch. (boy my stomach is gurgling from hunger now though)

Update on the sale of the house - NO DEAL! oh well. That's life. Not too worried about it I've decided.

Oh my god, I ate so much food yesterday and am feeling it today. My stomach feels huge and not only that, the scales said, hey fattie.
    so yesterdays food log:
    B: Bacon and scrambled egg on some turkish bread.
    L: thai chicken and vege with rice - I ate the lot (it was from a thai restaurant, I met an out of town friend for lunch). It was quite salty though so no doubt a lot of the weight/bloating is water retention. Glass of wine with lunch
    D: Steak and chips from our local pub, 2 glasses of wine. 1 hot chocolate.
    So thats a lot of food for me, especially in terms of size of the meal - lunch was huge. My scales this morning said 54.5kg and 22.5 bf. If you recall just a few days ago I was 53.7KG and 21.9bf. So yeah, calories, amount of food you eat do matter.
    What NourishedEm said...

I probably should have had sex last night to burn some of those calories off

So today I will be endeavour to be good, I wont have anything to eat when I go out for morning tea! And I'm going ot have a protein shake for lunch and I've talked with the fireman about having fish for dinner. Just light food. And I will do some big walks with the doggies in the weekend.
    I'm going to endeavour to be good this weekend too! This is a long weekend for us. The 1st long weekend of the summer...

Update on the sale of the house - NO DEAL! oh well. That's life. Not too worried about it I've decided.
    Too bad, but something better will come along.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

well friday was good and by saturday morning i had dropped all the weight and bf i had put on in that one day...definitely fluid retention.

I had an odd stomach ache most of the day yestrerday and it just got progressively worse so that by the evening I was in a pile of pain. The pain was right under my ribcage, it went away when i lay down with a hottie on it. I've got a little stomach ache again now after having had my breakfast so I'm hoping I'm not in for another day of the same. Of course it was quite difficult last night as we took some friends out for dinner so I was basically trying to pretend all night that I wasnt in any pain whatsoever. It was like a really stabbing pain if I tried to breathe. something must be twisted inside. ugh, me and pain dont get on that well. Oh well, once i got to bed with my hottie I was fine and slept like a log.

Going to have a lazy day today, just bum around, and take the furkids for a walk and do not much! Yesterday the fireman and I bought some vege and planted them. we got brocoli, cauli, cabbage (all mini varieties, should be interesting). we also got brussel sprouts much to the firemans disgust, but I told him if they were fresh out of our own garden they would be fantastic. what else, um, onions, leeks and beetroot, and some carrots. so thats a good start. Took the last 3 capsciums of the plant yesterday, we did get a good harvest from our capsicums so pleased with that. Our lemon and lime trees are starting to produce as well, some nice healthy looking fruit so very happy with that too. There is something very satisfying using produce from your own garden isnt there! The sun is shining today and the birds are singing, so all is good. The dogs are sleeping in their kennel until I get up of this chair whereupon they will look at me expectantly. I might have to get them some good meat treats and start on their training today.

not much else to report. Going to have a nice eye fillet for dinner I have decided. am sitting here thinking about baking a cake to take into the fireman and his crew, he is working today.