Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1647

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 101

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    waaaay too much sugar yesterday. Today I will try to be sugar free to make up for it.

OK no sugar so far. Am feeling ridiculously tired though. I confess I had some soup with a bread roll at lunchtime though. I honestly feel like I could just put my head on arms and go to sleep here at my desk.

not sure if its the lack of sugar or the bread roll making me feel like this.

well I got past my sleepy phase. I did have one square of 72% dark choc which I calculated to have about 2gms of sugar. I needed it to work through a particularly complex calculation I was doing.

Decided to have an alcohol free night which made a nice change. Had a nice iced water with just a tiny splash of roses lime juice in it - probably another 2 gms of sugar The fireman cooked a nice cottage pie which we had with some brocoli. Cup of tea and 1 square of 85% dark chocolate after dinner. Went to bed early, slept very well.

Trying to decide what shows to see in Vegas, frankly there is not much on at the end of August. Probably want to see cirque's O at Bellagio but man it is pricey, $170odd USD per ticket!. We're still thinking about that. Might go and see Terry Fator and I would like to see Peep Show with holly madison, but that's just because I've always enjoyed watching her on Girls of the Playboy mansion and holly's world.... yes I know, I admit it, I like to watch trash tv Checked out what was on in San Francisco while we are there and nothing on there either! Hopeless! Thats it, I'm just going to have to gamble my time away

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I love iHerb too.

Glad you got past your sugar craving without too much damage. I think the bread roll was probably the culprit, as far as your body is concerned, bread is sugar, carbohydrate is just long chains of glucose. If you eat it, you will end up with blood sugar peaks and troughs. Unfortunately

I'm jealous of your Vegas trip, I've always wanted to go.

speaking of iherb, my 2nd order came today for the dog stuff (shampoo, dog towels, dog probiotics) That came by airmail rather than DHL and took a week, so I think that is pretty good. Doggies will get a bath this weekend.

Hmmm a few too many wines last night. We joined up as loyalty club members at a pub up the road from us. I think that could be a bad idea Thursdays is cheap drinks night and a sirloin steak and chips meal for $16.50. Bloody good! Some friends came to join us a bit later on which is why I ended up having another drink... I didnt really need it. I must remember my new years resolution which is to have a glass of water handy when I'm drinking wine... tsk tsk.

anyway have just had a big brekky, bacon, scrambled eggs with cream, and half a kumara hash brown so am feeling slightly more alive now. Should keep me going to lunchtime anyway.

well the weekend has just flown by as usual! I did however manage to get everything done on my list - even though 2 things I did on line this morning! One was buying some bootstays - I saw these on line, you sort of clip these things to the base of your jeans and put them under your foot so that you can then tuck your jeans into your boots, and you dont get baggy knees after you've been sitting down. Dont know if it will work, but I'll let you know I looked in all the shoe shops for them, but no one knew what I was talking about.

I also bought some argon gas for wine preservation. Another thing that I couldnt get in the shops, how annoying... I cant be bothered trying to explain it, so read here to know more. Longitude Wine Preserve
    This might actually make me drink red wine. We all know I'm a complete booze hag when it comes to white wine, wont need to preserve the leftovers cause I will have polished off the bottle, but I'd like to have a really nice red from time to time but I only ever really want a glass. If I'm going to have a NICE red wine, then I want to have it just as nice the next time I drink it, rather than oxidised.

Dogs got a bath and a haircut (so beautiful!), and then I did a big housework binge... gave my shower the A+++ clean which involves removing all the rubber seals and getting the old toothbrush out etc! I know I'm a freak about this sort of stuff, but I feel so GOOD when I have cleaned something to spotless standard!

Last night I cooked a lamb shoulder chops casserole. The recipe was in the sunday paper and I thought that sounds nice. Well to be honest, it wasnt that great. A bit bland, which kind of surprised me as it had cloves, cinnamon, cumin and heaps of garlic in it. The fireman HATES bones. So thats that, there will be no bone casseroles again. The meat was nice and tender though. The fireman is going to deal with the leftovers today before he goes to work tonight - no doubt he'll remove all the bones and then add something flavoursome to it. I'll have to make some nice mashed potato/kumara to go with it I think. Last night we had cauliflower rice with it.

Might (fingers crossed) have a sale on my mum's house. We are that close. An offer is coming through today, so hopefully it wont be too ridiculous.

Thats about all for now!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a productive weekend! Those bootstay things sound great, sounds like it turns jeans into something like those stirrup pants that were in fashion in the 80s, do you remember them?

Good luck with the house offer, I hope it's reasonable.

yes thats it exactly Em, re the bootstays! And yes, oooh what a bad fashion statement those stirrup pants were!

still waiting on offer to come through. tomorrow I guess. I am a very impatient person so you can imagine how annoying I find this.

leftover lamb casserole for dinner with a kumara and potato mash and brocoli. much better tonight so obviously the fireman did his magic.

I made a thai green curry for dinner tomorrow. I had some chicken in the fridge with today as an expiry date so I thought I had better get it cooked up to be on the safe side.

Off to bed.

ok, my goal today is to do some filing. You heard it here first. I'm going to try and do a lot of filing.