Page 100 of 168 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1674

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 100

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok am back on form I think. My equilibrium feels restored with a few good nights sleep and a little less worry. I blame the food for my little breakdown the other day, I'd had sausage rolls and scones for morning tea, no lunch and then a slice of pizza bread with a wine in the evening. You see... the evils of wheat, it makes you emotional

Good day food wise yesterday I think...
    B Big chicken mushroom and cheese omelette with bacon
    L Small paella with chicken and chorizo
    S 3 squares 72% whittakers dark ghana choc. This is now going to be my go to afternoon snack I think... I dont want to eat more than 3 squares, if it was normal choc I'd devour the whole bar
    D Small piece of fish with a handful of oven fries, brocoli and the fireman concocted a leek,mushroom,bacon and cream mix which was really tasty!
    Couple of wines (of course) Milo with a splash of cointreau after dinner - this really seems to knock me out nicely!

I've been working on a calculation problem at work for a few weeks now and feel like I'm getting to the end of it, just trying to figure out what my system is doing and why - one of those systems if you click on this button it will do this, if you click on that it will do that, if you click on those 2 together it will do something else. All of which is fine, but I really need to understand exactly what it is doing. I've been a little bit half hearted on that, just kind of assuming that it is alright - and mostly it is, but there are always outlier problems!

Off to a comedy event tonight, Mark Watson, a british comedian who I've seen before and think is funny. The fireman hasnt seen him though. And then off to papamoa again tomorrow as it is mothers day this weekend. With a bit of luck it wont be raining all weekend and then i can take the dogs for a good run on the beach which they LOVE!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Your food looks great! I love fish in a cream sauce.

Enjoy your comedy show. I reckon you could use a good laugh.

yes nothing like a damn good belly laugh!

Errrr, I think I put too much coconut cream in my protein shake this morning. Gawd, its such a fine balance.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    3 squares 72% whittakers dark ghana choc. This is now going to be my go to afternoon snack I think... I dont want to eat more than 3 squares, if it was normal choc I'd devour the whole bar
    nice
    Small piece of fish with a handful of oven fries, brocoli and the fireman concocted a leek,mushroom,bacon and cream mix which was really tasty!
    The sauce sounds awesome!
    I've been working on a calculation problem at work for a few weeks now and feel like I'm getting to the end of it, just trying to figure out what my system is doing and why - one of those systems if you click on this button it will do this, if you click on that it will do that, if you click on those 2 together it will do something else. All of which is fine, but I really need to understand exactly what it is doing. I've been a little bit half hearted on that, just kind of assuming that it is alright - and mostly it is, but there are always outlier problems!
    That sounds like using your brain

Have fun tonight
    And I hope you have a sunny weekend at the beach!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

sleep is eluding me. I've been wide awake since 1.30, now 4.30. bloody hell. Its been pouring with rain and more rain is forecast for the weekend. grrr. And you'll never believe it, the guy that was supposed to fix the roof down at the beach has got appendicitis. bloody hell again. lets hope the wind isnt blowing in the wrong direction and therefore we arent getting a massive leak. I had better try and get some sleep soon as I'm going to be driving for 2 and half hours in a bit.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    (((HUGZ)))

I hope you managed to get a little more sleep. Good luck this weekend and drive safe.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hope you slept eventually...

Have a super weekend and I'll check in next weekend.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Yes, have a great weekend!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

well I'm back. I spent most of the weekend cleaning. The tenants had cleaners come in to clean after they left, but really... I had to go over everything myself again. It was not up to "my" standard of cleanliness. (have I ever mentioned how anal I am )I also cleaned mum's kitchen while I was there, now its clean! or should i say spotless!! Blah, I cant even stand to make myself a cup of tea when I'm there sometimes. You would think that between the home help she gets and my brother living there, the place would be clean wouldnt you. oh well. I'm sorry to say that basically my mother and brother (make that brotherS, the other one is just as bad) are slovenly. Not sure where I got my frantic cleaning behaviour from.

Met with a potential buyer of the house. Am feeling somewhat hopeful, but being careful to temper those feelings, I've been optimistic before and where has that got me! nowhere!!!!

Food wise, well I had a huge breakfast (bigger than my norm anyway) on Saturday, bacon and eggs, to prep me for the drive down. Then nothing until about 6ish when we got Thai takeaways for an early dinner. I washed that down with a few glasses of bubbly and went to bed at 10ish where I had another night of not the most brilliant sleep - it was windy outside!. Sunday, I made my mum a cooked breakfast of bacon and eggs (and tomatoes for her). Egg was on toast, ok not ideal, but mum likes her egg on toast and I thought oh well she's 83, what the hell, and so I joined her! Took her out to buy her some new bras and knickers and then I took her out to lunch, we shared a steak sandwich and some fries, I didnt eat the bread that time though. Washed that down with an iced chocolate which was a nice change from tea for us both! I finished off some cleaning down at the front house (the one that is for sale/rent I mean) and then I popped back to mum's and had a trumpet icecream and a tiny glass of bubbles (to celebrate mothers day) before I drove home. I was tired but got home in one piece, but couldnt face any dinner, so just had a big glass of water and went to bed at 9pm.

I couldnt be bothered with breakfast this morning, still a bit tired (although I did sleep much better last night). I was thinking about fasting till lunchtime but by 10.30 you could hear my stomach grumbling from all over the building Got a chicken savoury to keep the wolf from the door until lunchtime.

so apart from all the rampant cleaning, it was a nice-ish weekend. The dogs had a great time as they got some good off lead runs on the beach.. Happy dogs = happy Sue. Mum was telling me that when I was down at the other house on my cleaning rampage, she was having a wee nap on her bed and both dogs just jumped up on the bed and snuggled down with her! naughty dogs, they would never dream of doing that with me. But I dont mind, mum is dog mad like me and she would have loved it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a lazy evening last night. Made myself some potato and kumara wedges with cheese, bacon and sour cream for dinner. That was all I could be bothered to do! I didnt even do the dishes before I went to bed. Clearly the lazy slothfulness of my family must have caught up with me

Got my iherb order today. I love iherb, they are so quick, order on friday, on my doorstep at work on Tuesday. Brilliant! In this order I have got some CoQ10 serum and moisturiser and some biosil - supposed to be good for hair, skin and nails. Pretty nasty taste, but not as bad as I thought. Mind you I took it with water today not juice. I was annoyed with myself though that I clicked through on my order too quickly, I realised after I ordered that there was dog stuff on iherb too. So I did a separate order for that, which I am getting airmailed rather than DHS'd. Dog shampoo and dog probiotics. Seriously I just love iherb.