Page 10 of 164 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: NZ Suse page 10

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I suse

Hate to say it, but I stopped getting the 3am wake ups when I stopped drinking wine.

Hope the gym was good.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    jo you are probably right. I've just had a fairly boozy weekend and plan to have a break from wine for a few days at least. I'm aiming to be alcohol free until friday at least and then i'll reassess

friday food log
    B fried egg and bacon.
    L i cant remember now
    D Quiz night at work and the food was not too bad. Had a few mni fillet mignons, had some nachos with beef, cheese and sour cream. during the break we all got a noodle box with chicken and vege and rice, I skipped the rice though. 4 glasses of wine and lots of water. good night, our team didnt disgrace ourselves

saturday
    B Omelette with cheese bacon and mushroom
    L frittata wth chorizo pumpkin and feta
    D went to a wedding. couldnt resist the lure of the bread on the table but chose the smallest bit of ciabatta and loaded it with butter. Nice dinner, buffet style with lovely ham on the bone ... delish, always a favourite for me. also salad, lots of hot vege - brocoli, beans and capsicum, and a nice chicken stew-ey kind of dish. I skipped the rice and I skipped the noodle dish. went back for 2nd helpings of ham and vege. had a tiny dessert of meringues and fresh whipped cream, and indulged in a wedding cup cake. quite a bit of wine, and quite a bit of dancing. Lovely night. my partner said dont get any ideas, I responded that he should start getting a few
    Last edited by Suse; 06-19-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: hit the post send button too soon

where did Sunday disappear to? Tried to go back to sleep after writing yesterdays post, more busy dream filled sleep, its exhausting. I just want to sleep and feel rested. grrr. anyway, got up, had bacon and egg for breakfast, then I had coffee and cream and a primal nut cookie for morning tea. I baked a cake as my elderly neighbours are leaving this week so we were having a group neighbourly afternoon tea. (it wasnt a primal cake I'm sorry to say!) Then I washed the dogs cause man did they stink - I suspect it was from when Leo had the paw infection... anyway, that I tell you is a workout all its own! Getting them to stay still, not shake water all over me, dry them off, clip them, I could go on and on here! They look so cute when they are all clean and fluffy though. Then a massive housework attack - more exercise.

So off to the neighbours in the afternoon and there were all manner of lovely goodies from everyone so I indulged in a scone with jam and whipped cream, a piece of my own cake and a piece of shortbread.... well it would have been rude to not eat anything and it all looked yummy, but I didnt have cupcakes even though I was tempted! Then off out to the supermarket and then home to cook a yum dinner. A huge piece of eye fillet steak which I cooked to absolute perfection, with a lovely red wine jus, scalloped potatoes and julienned carrots/celery/leek/parsnip lightly steamed. Delicious even if I do have to say so myself. Yes quite carb laden with the potatoes but I aim to knock back on that this week. I had no wine, and I told my partner that I am not having any wine until friday at least. He is supportive of that, but I have to tell him otherwise sometimes I get home from work and he has kindly poured me a glass of wine and its hard to say no when it is just there ready and waiting Early to bed, and had the usual nights sleep... ie, solid for about 3 hrs, and then restless dream filled exhausting sleep until time to get up. I'm hoping a few more alcohol free days will fix that.

well I think I had a slightly better nights sleep last night, still quite dreamy in the latter part, but I dont feel as though I have remembered as much about my sleep (or lack of it). My partner tried to tempt me with wine last night (I think he was testing me) but I abstained.

yesterdays food log
    B: Omelette with cheese and mushroom and bacon
    L: Leftover potato and vege's from the night before
    S: handful of almonds, cashews and dried cranberries in the afternoon
    S: Rice crackers and garlic hummus. The hummus was so good, I couldnt stop. I must remember to make some sesame and almond crackers this weekend.
    D: Sausage goulash with carrots, capsicum, sweet potato served on cauliflower rice. Very tasty. No wine... see I can be good when I set my mind to it..
    Two small squares of green and black 70% dark chocolate with a cup of tea after dinner.

Went to the gym yesterday, 10 mins on the treadmill, 5 of which were jogging. Then a few weights. I really just dont enjoy the gym, but I'm going to work on strength in my dodgy shoulder. I'll continue to go until the weather is better and I can go back to team training. I also decided that I would start the 100 pushup challenge last night. I got my boyfriend to check my form, as I realise now that in the past I have not been doing pushups properly. Ok now I know what to do!!!. You know something, it is quite hard doing them the correct way! Anyway, by the end of week 1 I should be able to do a minimum of 5 really easy... I could go to failure at 5 last night, so hopefully by end of week I'll be a bit better than that... it is a little bit harder when you have two dogs poking their noses in your face as you try to do it....

B: fried egg and bacon
    L: Tomato capsicum and chorizo soup ... no bread! very strong of me
    S: finished off the last of the rice crackers and hummus... no more in the cupboard now
    D: Leftover sausage goulash from previous night with brocoli. Glass of Orange juice, 3rd day no wine!!! Had a cup of tea and tried it with cream afterwards, but no cream is best for coffee not tea I think.

No exercise whatsoever. A somewhat better night, but still very dreamy. I was woken from a very intense dream of me making pasta (pasta!!! of all things) by the dog vomiting. God knows what she's eaten to upset her tummy, but she's on an IF today as a result I may do an IF myself tonight.

early post seeing as i am doing an IF and feel a bit bored.

B scrambled egg and 1/2slice of bacon (all I had left, boo)
    L couple of chicken satays and beef and ginger stir fry
    D IF only drinking water, might have a cup of green tea before bed.

did 2nd day of my 100 pushup challenge. actually my arms are still a bit sore from monday. I was going to go to the gym today but my lovely man came into town and took me out for lunch... I'm so easily swayed away... however will definitely aim to get to the gym tomorrow.

Have made a thai pumpkin soup for lunch tomorrow. I'm actually feeling a bit hungry at the moment, although not starving... am really hoping to get a good night sleep... this will be night 4 alcohol free, but so far no difference to how i have been sleeping.

Had a pretty good nights sleep... first wake up was at 3.30, so I reckon thats about a solid 5 and a half hrs. Not quite as much dreaming last night either so definitely feel more rested. Anyway the IF must have done some good for me, as I decided to get up at 6am and take the dogs out for a walk/jog. Had a good breakfast, bacon, scrambled eggs made with cream and a sweet potato hashbrown, glass of OJ and a cup of tea. 2 fish oil and 2 vit d capsules.

Someone at work stopped me yesterday as I was walking by and said "you're looking very trim lately, what have you been up to" Nothing like a bit of positive reinforcement to keep you motivated..!

just had official weigh in... 55.5kg, down 200gms from last week. all good!

food log for yesterday
    B: bacon and scrambled eggs and kumara hashbrown as noted above
    L: Pumpkin soup (really felt like bread with it, but I didnt)
    S: Shared a piece of banana and walnut cake with marscopone icing... it was very nice, I felt like a treat and this was a much better idea than eating lollies
    D: Snapper (crumbed unfortunately but not a big deal) with oven fries and a salad. I broke my wine fast and had a small glass of sauvignon with dinner, but I was very good and said no when my partner offered me another!

Went to the gym yesterday. Seriously it is just so boring... I must change my mindset but anyhow, at least I went.

And random note... well the tummy flab. I've been massaging away vigourously relentlessly for a couple of weeks now, but I dont know that I can see any difference really. I'll stick with it though. Sometimes I look at the little pouch of fat that sits at the top of my knickers and wonder how or if it will ever disappear... it is hard to reconcile getting rid of the fat on the body with the fat that I'm putting into it.... I'll try to limit any bad carbs today.

Oh well here comes the weekend and it looks like its going to be a rainy one! dang. But I am now on an official countdown to Noumea... 4 weeks! Yay.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Good week Suse. I know what you mean about the tummy pooch. No idea if this is more an age thing, a post childbirth thing, or simple the remnants of excess body fat. Regardless, hopefully we'll see it shrink eventually.

Nice to have a holiday to look forward to. We don't have anything new planned currently, though will be traveling to Quebec next month for son #2's national soccer tournament (if his own back injury heals), and will stay with mother in law (which is quite okay!).

Page 10 of 164 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast