Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kid will be dead by 25? I hope not but.... wow. page

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member

Kid will be dead by 25? I hope not but.... wow.

Shop Now
    So, I had all these folks at my home today, and there is this one boy who is 8 years old.

This is what I saw him eat today:

1/2 an apple pie, with reddi whip all over the top
    3 Cokes
    4 - 5 glasses of sweet tea
    a donut

So, his mom was at my house, of course with him. When I saw him going for the 3rd Coke, I said something like "No more soda, I bet your mom wouldn't let you have that much sugar." Little did I know his mom was right behind me. So then she said that it was OK for him to eat that way "because I don't believe in forcing kids to eat anything they don't want to eat." I was about to reply, but decided to keep my mouth shut...

But later on I asked the boy what he had to eat all day.... and he said all the stuff I listed, but also he said 6 sodas.... I asked him if he ate any meat..... Nope. I asked if he had any veggies.... Nope.... I asked if he had any fruit and his reply was "yes, I had a chocolate covered strawberry and a slice of apple"...... and a juice box.

Now, I guess this really isn't a primal or paleo topic, but I can't see how this kid can make it w/o tons oof health problems ahead...... Oh wait.... yes, he did eat something else at breakfast.... he had french toast.

OK, not my kid, so I stayed out of it with the mom, but I really wanted to ask what the hell she's thinking.

One thing tho.... the kid is skinny as a rail.... I don't know how or why, but he is.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Bravo...it's probably just because I'm an asshole, but I know I woulda said something regardless of the potential s**t storm.

meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    I know a guy who had a diet like that when he was younger. He only drinks two cans of coke and has one cheeseburger a day now. He's 27, I'm also quite surprised he's not dead yet.

The kid? Maybe have a talk with the parents, and tell them to "come back to you" if the boy has any health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    Bravo...it's probably just because I'm an asshole, but I know I woulda said something regardless of the potential s**t storm.
    Well, I was hoping it was only because it was the holiday.... and they live 600 miles away, so I figured I really should stay quiet. But then, the kid's grandmother told me that is how he eats all the time, and in fact it is the way all 3 or her kids eat. I just happened to notice one of them.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    Well, I was hoping it was only because it was the holiday.... and they live 600 miles away, so I figured I really should stay quiet. But then, the kid's grandmother told me that is how he eats all the time, and in fact it is the way all 3 or her kids eat. I just happened to notice one of them.
    That's just disgusting....I understand not everyone is going to be primal. I understand that not everyone will eat healthy all of the time...but seriously??? Who the hell would let their children eat that way? And "because I don't believe in forcing kids to eat anything they don't want to eat"? Really? It's your f**king child, you're in charge and it's your job to provide for their well-being....that is a complete failure there.....says the college student with no children lol

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    That's just disgusting....I understand not everyone is going to be primal. I understand that not everyone will eat healthy all of the time...but seriously??? Who the hell would let their children eat that way? And "because I don't believe in forcing kids to eat anything they don't want to eat"? Really? It's your f**king child, you're in charge and it's your job to provide for their well-being....that is a complete failure there.....says the college student with no children lol
    LOL, no lie....

AFTER I made that first post, the kid ate a whole dinner plate of nachos.... like 1/2 a bag's worth of Tostito's Scoops. That was when the grandmother told me about how they eat... used 1/2 a jar of queso dip.....

Back when I was not eating this way, even I wouldn't have used 1/2 a jar of processed cheese dip. I love nachos, but the parts I like best are the peppers and the salsa, with some sour cream... The chips are just the conduit.... and the fake cheese doesn't even have to come into play.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    Child abuse.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    are the parents obese? Health issues? When people come to my house they just know that soda isnt going to be here so no point in asking for it. Once when we had my SIL over to eat...fed them blackened fish, veggies, salad and apple slices...they were SHOCKED that we eat so healthy. I just choose to not have or offer that kind of food in my home. My nieces and nephews will ask for soda and I hand them water instead! We have amazing well water and they always chug it down happily!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    are the parents obese? Health issues? When people come to my house they just know that soda isnt going to be here so no point in asking for it. Once when we had my SIL over to eat...fed them blackened fish, veggies, salad and apple slices...they were SHOCKED that we eat so healthy. I just choose to not have or offer that kind of food in my home. My nieces and nephews will ask for soda and I hand them water instead! We have amazing well water and they always chug it down happily!

The mom just lost 20 pounds and is close to proper weight. The dad needs to lose about 15.

I wish I still lived where we had fresh mountain spring water..... I used to lay under the pipe and drink as it came out of the mountain!
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Nearly the same thing here: my nephew walks in, 12 yr old chubbs, looks at all the, may I just say, damn gorgeous food I had laid out, and honest to God said, this shit ain't gonna fly. My mouth fell open, my husband grabbed the back of his sweatshirt and hauled him outside to chat. They came back in, the kid said, I'm sorry, Aunt Judy, I'm just used to eating sliders, fritos and dip and cakes and pies. I know you went to a lot of trouble on all this. All this was:

Butternut sage soup
    Stuffed mushrooms
    Bacon wrapped pecan dates & pineapple
    Chicken liver pâté on platter of org celery, cukes, carrots & peppers

Beef & mixed veggies stir-fry
    Salmon cakes
    Crispy curried sweet potato coins
    Roasted pearl onions

Platter of asparagus spears, halved cherry tomatoes, olives, cauliflower hummus & many types of cheese

Carrot gingerbread muffins w/coconut frosting

26 other folks thought it was "luscious".. Stuffed those mushrooms with Italian sausage, spinach, onion, red pepper, cooked in bacon fat, yum! My aunt brought loaves of homemade bread that everyone other than moi enjoyed. Deal was adults only, the kid came at the last minute, which was fine, I got over his rude comment, DH not so much because he knew how hard I'd worked.

I'm using PRACTICAL PALEO for recipes this week. Love all of my primal and paleo cookbooks but hers is really good.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast