Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New video of 90 day body transformation - could you do this primal? page

Caveman_Sam is offline Member

New video of 90 day body transformation - could you do this primal?

Primal Fuel
    Just came across this video on youtube when I was looking at body transformations. It's a bit weird :S

5.7kg of Fat Loss in 90 Days - Rohan's Before & After Transformation - YouTube

The guy says he did it 100% natural. What do you think?

Can you do a transformation like this using the Primal Blueprint?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_Sam View Post

The guy says he did it 100% natural. What do you think?

Can you do a transformation like this using the Primal Blueprint?
    No reason to think that he is not 100% natural, and yes its perfectly fine to use the PB principles as a foundation of losing fat. This guy lost on an average less than one pound per week, so nothing extraordinary about it at all...

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    There are 1000's of people who can do that naturally in 90 days.... I imagine many have done it via a primal diet. In fact, I imagine it would be even easier that a CW diet.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    There are 1000's of people who can do that naturally in 90 days.... I imagine many have done it via a primal diet. In fact, I imagine it would be even easier that a CW diet.
    Cool. Why might it be easier?

I just mean, this guy says you can eat whatever you want - ie you can eat starchy carbs - and lose fat. Would that be better than primal?

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    It seems his emphasis is on fat loss alone while PB is to maximize health. Totally different emphasis notwithstanding weasel-words used such as "100% natural" etc. The hook? "No banned foods" and free booklet. In the back of your mind you KNOW that there is something they are selling for real money-this effort is not altruistic. All one gets from the video is that he lost weight in a certain time-frame (90 days? We will have to take his word for it) and NOTHING else. IMO he looks gaunt. Frankly, he was/is a more handsome fellow in the before picture. At best this is a hack for cosmetic purposes. I sometimes wonder if one has to "jump-start" weight loss maybe the body is trying to tell us something. Slow down, maybe?
    Last edited by Terry H; 11-24-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I don't think he was more handsome in the before picture at all, but somewhere in the middle would have been better.
    But there's nothing magical here. He had an acceptable amount of muscle mass under the little bit of fat to begin with, and maximized fat loss while still training for muscle retention, and reduced calories.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Well,my thinking is, body builders eat lots of protein. I am no expert, but I could see primal doing the same thing as I know I eat more protein than before.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    It seems his emphasis is on fat loss alone while PB is to maximize health. Totally different emphasis notwithstanding weasel-words used such as "100% natural" etc. The hook? "No banned foods" and free booklet. In the back of your mind you KNOW that there is something they are selling for real money-this effort is not altruistic. All one gets from the video is that he lost weight in a certain time-frame (90 days? We will have to take his word for it) and NOTHING else. IMO he looks gaunt. Frankly, he was/is a more handsome fellow in the before picture. At best this is a hack for cosmetic purposes. I sometimes wonder if one has to "jump-start" weight loss maybe the body is trying to tell us something. Slow down, maybe?

I thought the exact same thing but I went to his website and couldn't find anything to buy. That said, it could show up in emails, because you need to supply an email address.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013

Your Dad is So Fat

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I'll see you your "Rohan" and raise you a Frank Sabia.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast