Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New video of 90 day body transformation - could you do this primal? page 4

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_Sam View Post
    What do you mean?

Is it that people prefer to be told what to do and adopt an 'eat this; don't eat that' diet than track calories and determine what their maintenance and defiict levels are?
    What I meant is that many people are looking for some kind of magic bullet to lose weight instead of focusing on what really matters. Focusing on issues of less or no importance, instead going directly on what is most important! And Lyle sum it well up here:
    "For a fat loss diet to have any chance of working, it needs to fulfill at least two primary criteria:
    1. It must cause an imbalance between energy intake and expenditure. Most diet books focus on the diet end of things but some use activity to increase expenditure. But if there is no caloric deficit, nothing will happen.
    2. There must be adequate dietary protein
    Other stuff such as essential fatty acids are also critical but other aspects of the diet (carb intake, timing, meal frequency) is all debatable and arguable and depends on the specifics. Id note, of course, that every diet (and book) I have written adheres to this on some level or another. Caloric intake is the key aspect, protein intake is the second crucial aspect (in The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook I actually let protein intake set caloric intake in reverse), you get your EFAs and then you worry about everything else."

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The importance of “adequate proteins” is forgotten by many dieters - even on these forums, and some think that it is only for “bodybuilders” - neglecting the importance of maintaining lean bodymass for further weight loss, avoiding metabolic slowdown and also to keep weight off after dieting down…

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234