Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another PB Journal - hibbs02 style page 5

hibbs02 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Calories 1,855
    Carbs 50--38 net (10.78%)
    Fat 143 (69.38%)
    Protein 129 (27.82%)

slept wrong. woke up in pain. 6 hours sleep. barely walked. shoulder feels better. accountability. sleep now zzzzzzzzzzz
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Goal: Walk daughter (due 1/21/13) down aisle
    Motto: It will all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, then it is not the end.
    Alternate Motto: Whatever the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    hey hibbs!
    i see you have your carbs way under control! congrats! i wish i had your discipline...
    seems like you are on track! keep it up!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Howdy U2Sandrah, I need to keep carbs under control of they will certainly control me. That is the main lesson I've learned in my nutritional life. However yesterday I started feeling poorly. I had watery eyes and sinus issues like I had an allergy. I've never had allergies before in the my life. The day before I had some intestinal issues so probably I am just getting a little sick. My sleep quality has been poor so most likely that is the culprit as I rarely get sick. I came home from work early and decided to up my carbs with some sweet potatoes yesterday and today.

Macros for 12/5/12
    Calories 2,123
    Carbs 82 (16.2%)
    Fat 152 (68.86%)
    Protein 108 (21.2)

Today ( was up at 5:30am and then slept a few more hours at 7:30am) had a couple of sweet potatoes and some eggs. Only going to have real food today and not worry about macros or calories except try to stay primal and feel better. I have a paper due tonight I'm dreading working on as my brain feels cloudy. Glad today is my day off! Also, supposed to get Bodymedia Fit today so that will be something to play with and start getting some more data to analyze. Hope all is well with you all. Happy day.

At a little over maintenance and high carb (sweet potatoes and rice) yesterday and got lots of rest. I feel much better.

Got my Bodymedia Fit in. MyFitnessPal and the BodyMedia Fit go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. It is awesome. The accounts link up and what I do in one shows up in the other. Just did a HIIT routine and my stats on both show the caloric burn and has upped my calories for the day. So, at this point I can definitively say I was eating far far far too little much of the time and that that was probably blocking my weight loss, satisfaction and overall progress. Now, though, I'm not sure what to do about it! Let's say days might look (don't have the data yet just doing some wild guessing) something like this for calories out:

Sedentary - completely - 3200
    Sedentary - walking at work - 3350
    Sedentary - exercise day & walking - 3600

Theoretically, I would want to adjust my caloric intake based on this information. However, I also want to to IF to maximize weight loss and while I don't "eat" at work I am already taking in 518 calories in my "Health Shake." So, I'm upping my morning fat to 500 calories. I have 500 calories for lunch and even on a slow day that leaves me with 1200 calories to take in. What a problem, I can't eat that much!! Now, doing IF doesn't help me maximize weight loss if I'm putting my body in starvation mode and curtailing progress does it? So, where does that leave me? If I move forward with my current plan that will put me at a 1700 calorie deficit for the day! Crap and wazoo, I don't know what to do and I don't really have supplies on hand to correct this issue.

I'm going to wind up having to take some food to work and push my shake back into a snack on my break. I really don't have much choice. Tuna salad with 2 eggs and olive oil mayo here I come. I'm not sure what to do lunch-wise every day. I guess besides the Health Shake becoming a "snack" with 500 calories I will have to come up with other stuff to eat for lunch. I can't eat tuna EVERY day (mercury.)

And, with the added protein have to take a scoop of protein out of the health shake dropping that down to 388 calories.

This is going to be so embarrassing.
    Them: "Hey, you never eat at work. What's up?"
    Me: "Well, it turns out I wasn't eating enough."
    Them: looking at my 350LB body - "Well, alrighty then! Good luck with that!"
    Me: Turns red.

Oh well, in a year it will all make sense to them and me both.

My projected nutrition for the day looks something like this:
    Calories 2,476
    Carbs 62 - 46 net (10.02%)
    Fat 186 (67.61%)
    Protein 176 (28.43%)

That should lead me to 1000-1200 calorie deficit for the day depending on how the rest of it turns out as measured by the Bodymedia Fit.
    Last edited by hibbs02; 12-07-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Data, I love Data!

Here's a fine problem. I am eating much more and now I see I need to find a way to eat another 400 calories to not have too high of a deficit. I'm very glad I got this tool. I was doing fine on super low calories but I'm sure it was bad for me. Now, I have the opposite problem. Well that is a better problem to have I must say. Bacon, get in my belly!

bodymedia.jpg

So, that means that on at least some of my 1600 calorie days I was having something like 2300 calorie deficit. Sometimes the next morning my stomach would growl a little. I was never hungry but my stomach was unhappy. Now I know why. Stressing my body, at least slightly miserable in comparison to eating and stalling progress. Richardmac feel free to chime in an "I told you so." I won't begrudge you.

Added Bacon - final macros

Calories out: 3931
    Calories in: 2,734
    Carbs 66--49 net (9.66%)
    Fat 211 (69.46%)
    Protein 183 (26.77%)

Now I'm eating more than I ever have in my life except for the periodic binges. I'm worried I'm going to be freaking huge in a few weeks. But, I will trust the science and see how it works out.
    Last edited by hibbs02; 12-07-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Forgot Bacon. How can anyone forget bacon?

phigment is offline Senior Member
    good luck, i hope you figure out the science experiment that is your body. I know it is not easy to find your n=1.

Thanks Phigment, me too. I'm confident in the long term. We have the technology, we can rebuild me!

do you have a bionic digestion system? I think i would like on to

I wish! If it were up to me I'd just have a little "Mr Fusion" put in and bypass food directly.

346 today. Stable for last week. Never fear, I feel certain body recomp is progressing. Going to be radio silent for next week. I have work+27 hours OT + last week of school=world of pain coming for the next week. I just have to live through it. Won't be any exercise expected except lots of walking. Good news: I'm so fat that is still a resistance exercise! Will stick primal and try to hit 1000 calorie deficit below what the BodyMedia Fit tells me I'm eating. Good luck and God bless!

Good luck with the hectic week, and try to get some sleep in with you schedule.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast