Thread: 21 Day Sugar Detox Buddy! page

sparkie1010 is offline Junior Member

21 Day Sugar Detox Buddy!

Shop Now
    Hi all,

I have been lately falling into bad habits again after switching into university life! I'm a high stress person, unfortunately, so I've started overconsuming sugary foods...dried fruits, chocolate, you name it. heh. I think I'm going to try to cut them out for 21 days. Hopefully that will also train my body to NOT depend on food to deal with stress. I can study and cope with all the work without the sugar (and nuts...they are too addictive for me!)! If anyone else is trying to kick the sugar habit, please join me! If anyone would like to be my support buddy and do this detox with me...that would be greatly appreciated.

The 21-Day Sugar Detox | Bust sugar & carb cravings naturally.

This is not some crazy diet procedure...I know it sounds like it by the title, but it is made by the ladies from Balancedbites/"Practical Paleo" Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition Education | Paleo Nutritionist, Nutrition Coach, CrossFit Nutrition, Food Allergy, Allergies, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, IBS, IBD

dianneazuma54 is offline Banned
    Coffee or Sugar is making my muscles very stiff?

boneyb is offline Junior Member
    Sparkie 1010, I would love the accountability of a sugar detox buddy. What a great time to start, before Christmas!

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    I just checked my calendar; I am currently on a 42 day sugar detox. After day 4 it became much easier and I was actually disgusted by all the Thanksgiving pies, cookies, treats, etc. Had no desire to eat them. My goal was to get to the New Year but I really don't even think about these foods anymore. Stick with it, very much worth the effort!
    Last edited by TTBlue21; 11-27-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Kotato is offline Junior Member
    Hey! I found this thread a little late, but I'm currently on Day 3 of a sugar detox... I didn't buy the book, so I'm not sure what level I'm playing at, but I'm cutting out fruit as an experiment. I'm keeping a journal (link in my signature)--are you recording your progress / feelings on the detox anywhere? Would love to follow along for motivation!
    23, F, 5'5" and ~140lbs
    My mostly-dormant journal

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    I've been going in stages. I first quit any/all chocolate, candy, ice cream, etc. I then transitioned to avoid all fruit: bananas, apples, oranges, raisins, cranberries, pineapple, watermelon, etc. Finally I have cut some of the higher GI vegetables out such as tomatoes and carrots.

I started this "detox" outside of any book. I tend to crave this stuff even if I have it in moderation. I also noticed eating some of this stuff triggers cravings for the other (i.e. eating watermelon, apple, banana in a day may trigger ice cream cravings later). With that said, I just cut it all out.

One could argue I haven't really done the “detox” as my only source of cheating has been an occasional Blue Moon. I certainly can tell in the morning....

I can honestly say I almost stopped monitoring this as I think I have actually changed my diet. I don’t have cravings for these types of food. At first it was extremely difficult. I feel a lot better as I don’t have afternoon “crashes” requiring sugar and I don’t wake up in the morning feeling like garbage after eating ice cream.

JessicaRed is offline Junior Member
    I'm only a few days in to trying to transition to Primal...and all I can think about is SUGAR! =( Despite what people say, I can't really believe right now that the desire for sweets will ever go away