Thread: Grass fed and on my doorstep page

JulesZA is offline Junior Member

Grass fed and on my doorstep

Primal Fuel
    I had to share this cool news, have been doing the primal thing for the past 2 or so months (diagnosed with Insulin Resistance a while back and resisted doing anything about it until recently). My life has changed overnight and I feel better than I have in years. Now I'm getting the rest of my extended family onto it and my copy of The Primal Blueprint book is doing its rounds.
    This is the really exciting part though, I have been easing into things by changing habits but haven't gotten around to properly sourcing all the right meats etc, I thought being that I am in South Africa that this would be tough. However my brother mailed me this morning (without us even have a conversation about it) and said (for Christmas) one of his colleagues has a family member who can get us pastured lamb straight from their farm...I have subsequently ordered extra for me beyond Christmas. Then I searched the net for grass-fed beef thinking it was going to be majorly difficult, and lo and behold I find a meat merchant, just down the road from me who ONLY sells grass-fed!!
    Its a very trendy and awesome place that I have been hearing about but never thought to investigate and only now figured that this is their whole philosophy! I'm thrilled. While it will be more expensive, I'm happy to spend money I used to spend on junk food on better quality meats such as these.

SO happy! Any other Capetonians out there - this is for you.

Frankie Fenner Meat Merchants | Kloof Street Cape Town
    We do meat. Ethically-sourced, free-range meat to be exact. Proper meat.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Nice to see this type of butcher.. The good stuff is catching on

Denver Dave is offline Junior Member
    I've started drinking a little organic grass-fed milk each day. Not easy to find.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Dave View Post
    I've started drinking a little organic grass-fed milk each day. Not easy to find.
    Is it raw milk? I've been looking for a place to get raw milk around here.

Home Grown Cow is offline Junior Member
    How lucky for you to have a source close by for your grass-fed meats. For those not so lucky, I would like to recommend HomeGrownCow, and on-line farmers' market for meat, poultry, and cheese, listing farmers across the country who raise all manner of animals in all manner of ways. We exist to assist our "Eaters" so if you don't find what you're looking for, let us know and we will help you find it. We have a vast pool of farmers to contact on your behalf - Karen

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    THANK YOU for the Home Grown Cow link!!! I'll be using that