Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do next? page

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member

What to do next?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm looking ahead to when I have completed PBF LHT to level 4, I'm looking to change things up once I've got to this level.

I've really enjoyed having a programme with progressions to follow, so I'm looking for something else to follow that meets the fitness goals I am looking to achive next year.

I really like body weight stuff.

I also really like gymnastic explosive stuff - I'd love do do some parkour soon.

I want to be able to do:

Muscle ups

pistols

handstand push ups

I also want to be able to do explosive stuff like

Kip ups

Jumping on to shit

backflips/frontflips

them flick flack things.

I also really like all the movnat, primal movement type stuff

I'm planning to start in the new year, but I want plenty of time to read arround people's suggestions.

I may also have to put books/DVD's on my christmas list as I can't afford to spend alot (or anything really)

So I really need to make sure that if I pay for something it's 100% right for me, I can't afford to try stuff out on a whim.

Looking forward to all your amazing suggestions.

Oh and this is what I'm doing now for refererance.

Monday - Wednesday - Friday - I'm working through 7 weeks to 50 pull ups (on the prep as my pull ups are weak)
    Tuesday - I'm going for a bike ride (was running by tendon injury means this is off) doing about 1 - 1.5 hours either road or easy trails

Thursday - Lift heavy things (without the pull ups, but with jack knife presses)

Sunday - Sprint type excersies - burpees, squats with light weight. star jumps, box jumps to tabata timings. Or going to the park for same sort of thing but with family joining in.

I also get in walking when I can, normally at least 2 hours a week.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

I'm a tremendous fan of Never Gymless, by Ross Enamit. You can find the book in the store on rosstraining.com

Lots of what you talked about can be found in the Convict Conditioning system. Lots of threads on that here.

You might also want to check out the Monkey Bar Gym at monkeybargym.com.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    Kip ups

Jumping on to shit

backflips/frontflips
    None of these need any special level of strength/training, just practice (and confidence when it comes to flips - a mat and/or spotting partner will be invaluable!)

zilog is offline Senior Member
    Kip ups

Jumping on to shit

backflips/frontflips
    None of these need any special level of strength/training, just practice (and confidence when it comes to flips - a mat and/or spotting partner will be invaluable!)

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    You might also want to check out MovNat.com. I did a one-day seminar with them, and it's brilliant fun! They'll be in London next May.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I bought the You Are Your Own Gym eBook and sold my Concept 2 for 600. Have you had a look at forum member Al Kavadlo's site? Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! | We're Working Out!

The eBook has videos in it and after trying the first simple day workout I was knackered for four days. I am slowly working myself up to it using PB fitness.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mightstone2k View Post
    I'm a tremendous fan of Never Gymless, by Ross Enamit. You can find the book in the store on rosstraining.com
    That looks promising - I've booked marked the site and I'll search for some reviews etc and see if I can get if from a UK stockist or it's $12.50 for postage Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Philosopher Dan View Post
    Lots of what you talked about can be found in the Convict Conditioning system. Lots of threads on that here.

You might also want to check out the Monkey Bar Gym at monkeybargym.com.
    Monkey bar gym seems to be a go to them thing or buy stuff to work out at home from my quick look, it's a long way to go for me I'm gonna check out convict conditioning in more detail too soon, it's on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    True. I was playing at the park today, jumping from a big rock to a small bit of wood, jumping from a small bit of wood to the big rock, clearing an 8 foot plus imaginary gap from standing - good fun, but I seem to lose focus without a programm to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    You might also want to check out MovNat.com. I did a one-day seminar with them, and it's brilliant fun! They'll be in London next May.
    I love MovNat but there is no way I can afford one of thier courses - it's like 400 times what I could afford, maybe I should start a kickstarter fund for it

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    I bought the You Are Your Own Gym eBook and sold my Concept 2 for 600. Have you had a look at forum member Al Kavadlo's site? Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! | We're Working Out!

That looks interesting too - does it have all the stuff in I'd wan't? I love Al Kavadlo's stuff, I'd like to know more about what's his book we're working out, need to do some more digging really. I'd much rather give my money to some-one like Al than a coprate shell

The eBook has videos in it and after trying the first simple day workout I was knackered for four days. I am slowly working myself up to it using PB fitness.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Convict Conditioning (1 & 2), Overcoming Gravity, Naked Warrior are some great books.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mightstone2k View Post
    Great book.
    Many different movements and routines for every level of fitness.
    Read through the whole text before deciding on what you want to do.
    Lots of great info.
    Money well spent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast