Thread: workout and posture questions page

mdlaw is offline Senior Member

workout and posture questions

Primal Fuel
    I've never had great posture, but with my current emphasis on increasing my all around fitness, it is something I'm improving. I've been doing a body by science workout (high intensity high weight row, pulldown, chest press, overhead press, and leg press) and recently began HIIT sprints on a workout bike (it's nasty outside right now!). Will these, together with increased mindfulness, start putting me in the right direction? Are there other resources out there that I should inspect?

Thanks

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    My posture didn't get "corrected" until i starting practicing yoga once or twice a week... that's what worked for me.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Its a start. Working out and being mindful is the beginning. Focus on making sure you have good posture throughout the day. A good way to ensure good posture is be strengthening your abs to take the pressure off your back.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

john_e_turner_ii is online now Senior Member
    Also, most guys have an imbalance because we tend to concentrate on the muscles we see such as the chest and arms. Therefore, we do no focus on back strengthening like we should. Bent over rows, pull ups, chinups, inverted rows, are all some of the exercises you can do th strengthen your back muscles to even you out. Often, this will result in better posture.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good posture throughout the day
    Correct breathing and not eating inflammatory foods (all effects posture immensely)
    Proper workout form
    Balance in workouts (every push requires a pull, every quad dominant requires a hip dominant)

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com