Thread: A Primal Adventure Companion page

Ljphalen is offline Member

A Primal Adventure Companion

Hello, Primal Community!

I am going on a road-trip adventure! I want to travel through the US, and I want to do it by bus, rideshare, on foot, and possibly hitch hiking, if I find a travel partner who is experienced w/that. Staying in hostels is pretty cheap, but camping out is even cheaper, and that's safer with two people. We'd have more options with two people.

This is a journey, not a race, I want to travel around the states, not just through. I'm hoping to find a traveling companion who is up for long range-adventuring and non-touristy sight-seeing, maybe we can try and trap a rabbit for dinner once in a while, that kind of thing.

I don't care what gender you are, as long as you are up for adventure. You don't have to be a superstar athlete, but I like to walk, and you shouldn't be intimidated by the idea of walking long distances on this adventure. A physical challenge makes it better. And my parents live on the east coast, so when we get there, we'd have a nice place to stay for a few days and good food and company on that end. I won't drop you and leave you to find your way back alone, either. I am hoping to travel east, via mostly border states, then travel down the east coast, head west, and end up back on the good ol' Left Coast.

To make sure we have good weather the whole way, I'd like to leave in late Spring. I don't know how long it is going to take, I've never done this before, but I'm not in a rush, so I am looking for someone whose first concern is having an adventure.

I would really love to undertake this with a primal-minded traveling companion, so I thought I would post this as a thread and see what (if any) interest it generates. I am located on Vancouver Island currently, but I am more than willing to travel some to meet you or pick you up, so this is really directed towards any interested parties located on the West Coast or thereabouts.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I envy you your sense of adventure! At least you are starting from a great place, I know, I am there too.

Best of luck!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    I am there too.

Best of luck!
    I'm in Campbell River

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    If you're going to make it through Colorado, let me know and I can probably swing a few days off for some adventuring.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Oh if only I was single and free of ties I would be so up for this.

Hope you have a great time
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljphalen View Post
    I'm in Campbell River
    I was in Campbell River the other night - I'll bet we know some of the same people.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

leighlu is offline Senior Member
    Hey, if y'all make it all the way to Florida, message me and you can have a few days rest here. As long as you don't mind dogs, and a teenager.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mr Anthony: I will be sure to message you if I'm in CO

Jojohaligo: yeah, probably. I've been here 5 years and Courtenay for 2 before that, starting to feel like I know everybody!

Leighlu: thank you! I will keep your offer in mind