Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm having a difficult type building mass while staying primal :( page 2

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Food Options:
    Salad Bar = go mental
    Burgers (I usually get the patties without any buns) = not too bad
    Variety of Grilled chicken, fish, pork, stuff like that cooked weekly, available for an extremely expensive price (two 4oz fish can be charged up to 15 dollars) = that's harsh
    Deli bar (sandwiches available) = sounds a bad place
    Pasta = avoid
    Fruits = eat an ass ton, hide it in your pants to get more out - bananas are fine, hell if you need the calories smear em in peanut butter, there are worse things
    Eggs = eat ass tons
    Breakfast sausage smothered in some kind of disgusting oil = not idea but you will live if there isn't another option
    Sweet potatoes = ass tons again.
    Basmati rice, white rice, brown rice, etc. go for white and eat plenty
    Steak etc.

I can get to a grocery store if needed = tins of tuna, coconut milk, milk, cheese (good hard mature cheese) nuts, milk - drink milk if you can tolerate it, eggs - easy to knock up scrambled eggs, buttered eggs, fried eggs, ometts etc.

I do have an area to cook food, I don't even know where to begin with cooking though = learn it's not that hard - buy a book - start with make hot and brown - get raw food, make hot and brown - eat.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Whole milk, butter, eggs, white rice, all cheap calorie/and or calorie rich foods
    well then

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Well, the way Mark Rippetoe puts it, "Baby mammals drink milk, and you sir, are a baby mammal." Milk is designed to grow a small calf into a 1000 pound steer in a very short amount of time. He recommends underdeveloped folks like you to drink a gallon of milk a day and to eat so much that you actually dread it and feel like puking. It has to become your job. I'm not sure that I personally would follow this recommendation even if I were a skinny 6' male in college. That much milk seems really gross. But you could try it and see what happens. Or you could just make sure to eat as much meat as you possibly can.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Well, the way Mark Rippetoe puts it, "Baby mammals drink milk, and you sir, are a baby mammal." Milk is designed to grow a small calf into a 1000 pound steer in a very short amount of time. He recommends underdeveloped folks like you to drink a gallon of milk a day and to eat so much that you actually dread it and feel like puking. It has to become your job. I'm not sure that I personally would follow this recommendation even if I were a skinny 6' male in college. That much milk seems really gross. But you could try it and see what happens. Or you could just make sure to eat as much meat as you possibly can.

Omg, I read this and about threw up, I just had thanksgiving dinner.

So I guess the consensus is that I'm gonna have to steer away from primal while bulking.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I <3 Rip. That being said want to know what the results of consuming a gallon of milk a day as part of a 4000 cal diet are?

Like taking f#$%-ing steroids!

I, a grown ass man of reasonable size, was able to put on 9 pounds of muscle (not fat) in a month. I struggled to gain more weight, until I learned to double what I was eating.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Quote Originally Posted by elliottsmith View Post
    What about people bulking up on a strict paleo diet? Is there anyone on this site gaining lean mass from pure paleo (or primal as it is on here) diet?
    I wouldn't say I'm "strict" but mass quantities of milk, heavy cream, eggs, beef, bacon and some white rice and sweet potatoes. I tolerate dairy well and am sensitive to gluten, so eating gluten is a non starter.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    I'll pass on the milk.

Seriously guys, i've never been one to claim that a single source of nutrients can be so dangerous, but I can comfortably say that about milk.

I can post studies too if anyone is interested.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    You say you know how to lift and you have a routine BUT....what is it and how long have you been lifting for? Weight progression etc.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK eat 3 pounds of beef a day.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast