Thread: It feels like EVERYBODY is paleo / primal today.... Thanksgiving breakfast page

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member

It feels like EVERYBODY is paleo / primal today.... Thanksgiving breakfast

Primal Fuel
    I have 14 people at my house this morning for breakfast.... We went through 4 dozen eggs and 5 packs of bacon... We had bought bagels for the people who eat a CW diet..... we bought 24 bagels, but only 3 were eaten. And we had 2 pounds of smoked salmon, that I smoked myself...... not wild caught, but at least I know how it was prepared. Heck, people are eevn drinking almond milk. ( Though coffee is the #1 drink )

How was your breakfast? And will you stay on plan all day?
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

jonnyhollis is offline Junior Member
    Breakfast happened at 12 but I will stay on plan until about 10:30 where I seem to have developed a habit of cashew nuts and drinking chocolate powder.

Paleo isn't very common in my area. It's almost an underground phenomena and I hope it stays that way because I don't want to have to pay double for my meat.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    When bacon and eggs are around, everybody turns primal. ha ha! Of course I will stay on plan. Tonight's feast is rack of lamb rather than turkey. We're going backpacking tomorrow so we can't have a bunch of leftovers. I made pemmican for my backpack trip.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lol, sbhikes, that's what I was thinking--of course if there are bacon, eggs, and smoked salmon on the table, bagels are going to look pretty pathetic in comparison. I think on a day-to-day basis, people will avoid the meat and eggs in favour of the bagel because they think they need to be "healthy" and refrain from eating the fatty foods, but on Thanksgiving, they're going to go with the most appealing food, and really, for most people, bagels are pretty much a carrier mechanism for things that actually taste good and not terribly appealing in themselves.

Anyhow, I hope they left you some bacon, PP!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal