Thread: Critique this diet (is this the ideal diet?) page

paul900 Guest

Critique this diet (is this the ideal diet?)

Primal Fuel
    OK, I have spent most of my day revising and looking for good foods. I bought a food processor. My plan is to put these foods in the food processor raw and let that cut them up finely, then transfer to a pan with some olive oil and add some meat (chicken breast/turkey breast/minced beef). This will be a very large pot. First I am focusing on the vegetables. I have come up with the following vegetables to add to my food processor, then saute with some olive oil and passata, then into the pot.

A concern I have is a lack of carbs on the diet, but I believe that is ok? The thing is, I am 6'5 and weigh close to 240 pounds (i could do with getting down to 200 pounds, I eat shit at the moment).

So here we go... I have put the amount of carbs beside the item

200g MUSHROOMS 6g carbs
    200g ARTICHOKE 34g carbs
    100g ZUCCHINI 3g carbs
    100g ONIONS 3g carbs
    200g RADISH 6g carbs
    200g CUCUMBER 4g carbs
    100g ASPARAGUS 4g carbs
    30g GARLIC 10g carbs
    4g CINNAMON 3g carbs
    4g TURMERIC 2g carbs
    4g OREGANO 4g carbs
    4g PAPRIKA 3g carbs
    400ml Passata Sauce (ground tomatoes)

This comes to a total of round about 80g carbs.

It's obviously full of vitamins and minerals. Couple this with some chicken/turkey/beef and oily fish like salmon and I am surely on the right track to optimum health? Should I add more grams of certain vegetables here. On other days I will mix up the vegetables by adding things like brussel sprout/broccoli/cauliflower etc. This is just a typical day.

Thoughts?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Depends on whether you enjoy eating the result of your cooking. I realize you're trying to eat the healthiest diet you can, but maybe, maybe you're overthinking this?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    yeah, I'm thinking that's a really sad thing to do to asparagus. I would simply steam it and slather in butter then wallow in the pleasure of eating it.

On the other hand, if mince is what you like and veges not, then I guess this is as good a way as any of including them. You certainly have a good variety.

Low carb is fine, especially if you want to lose some weight.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I've no doubt it's very nutritious, but I'll bet it doesn't taste all that great! I'm with Annieh

Karma33 is offline Member
    I would change the ratios a bit. How about:
    207g mushrooms
    191g artichokes
    110g zuchinni
    87g onion
    237g radish
    152g cucumber
    61g asparagus
    46g garlic
    3g cinammon
    6g turmeric
    16g oregano
    2g paprika
    337 ml passata
    This should put your micronutrient ratios in perfect harmony, but only eat this on mon, wed, and fri. Use your original ratios on the other days. Perfect!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'd say a pound of liver and three eggs with a side of whatever greens you want and a can of oysters is a whole lot better than butt-loads of veggies. Even after being cooked, vegetables provide inferior nutrition. And bacon.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, dude, considering your previous posts plus this one, I really believe you're overthinking this. Eat a wide range of primal foods and stop getting so wound up over having one perfect meal that you eat 24/7.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

paul900 Guest
    Well I have started this diet and I am enjoying the foods.

I will put up pics of my body for the women on the site in a few weeks so the ladies can look forward to seeing a solid 6 pac abs

camel is offline Senior Member
    So what does the vegetable mince concoction taste like? I'm so curious!

paul900 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    very nice indeed camel. the addition of spices really is very tasty. i am finding it extremely filling. i will am eating 250g of the veg mince + 100g of meat. I am about to eat another one now actually. I would upload a pic but i can't be bothered to sign up to a hosting service

but i really really love cinnamon spice!!!!