Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Infrequent Poop page

egrok is offline Member

Red face Infrequent Poop

Yup. It's gross, it's a little inappropriate, but we're all strangers here!

It has never really bothered me but my boyfriend thinks something is wrong, so I would like to ask my favorite, most-knowledgeable community.

I was hoping that the Primal lifestyle would fix this "problem" when I started a year ago, but it has not changed. Whether I eat the SAD diet or Primal, I only poop once a week.

According to Practical Paleo, it looks a-ok, it's just infrequent.

What do you guys think? Should I see one of those awful conventional wisdom doctors?
    Am I missing something in my diet?
    Or is this just how my body is programmed and shouldn't worry about it?

Anyone else's body follow this type of pattern?

Sorry if this is too inappropriate for the internet.
    Started eating Primal in October 2011.
    Started lifting heavy things on October 26, 2012.
    Started sugar detox: November 12, 2012
    [may or may not have been purposely before Thanksgiving]

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating? Mostly fats and protein?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

egrok is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    What are you eating? Mostly fats and protein?
    Yup. Lots of eggs, chicken, always have a side of veggies like brocceli, brussel sprouts or a salad. And some sweet potatoes, fruit and seafood are the bulk of my diet.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Man, I can't imagine taking a poop a week--if i don't go once a day I start feeling pretty shitty (oh, that was dreadful and unintentional...).
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egrok View Post
    Yup. It's gross, it's a little inappropriate, but we're all strangers here!

It has never really bothered me but my boyfriend thinks something is wrong, so I would like to ask my favorite, most-knowledgeable community.

I was hoping that the Primal lifestyle would fix this "problem" when I started a year ago, but it has not changed. Whether I eat the SAD diet or Primal, I only poop once a week.

According to Practical Paleo, it looks a-ok, it's just infrequent.

What do you guys think? Should I see one of those awful conventional wisdom doctors?
    Am I missing something in my diet?
    Or is this just how my body is programmed and shouldn't worry about it?

Anyone else's body follow this type of pattern?

Sorry if this is too inappropriate for the internet.
    Ah, we are not total strangers since you have your photo posted -- unless it's someone else. If you feel "okay" about your regieme, then I wouldn't worry about it. If you are bloated, and your clothes don't fit and you are straining and aching and it interferes with work, then it might be a problem. So, is it a problem for you or isn't it?
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

egrok is offline Member
    Ever since i started Primal I stopped getting bloated. But other people think there's something wrong with me so I figured I'd ask you guys if I'm missing something essential like kale or seaweed hahah

Timthetaco Guest
    If the infrequent bowel movements are accompanied by intestinal upset or you have other nagging health problems to go with it, I would worry about it. However, if there's absolutely nothing wrong with your health that you're aware of and you just don't shit often, it's probably not cause for concern.

I fall into the first category, myself.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for pushing for some graphics, but maybe you can tell wether there's something going on by the appearane of the poop, when you get to poop? lol Maybe check out the Bristol Stool chart

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    If its normal for you and you don't get any of those classic symptoms of constipation ie. bloating, abdo pain etc then its pobably nothing to worry about. I've always been much as you describe myself, my baby book is full of advice from the visiting nurse to my mother about what she had to do for my terrible constipation, I can tell you its just the way I am and I was never constipated! The only time I have actually been constipated what when I was pregnant and it was totally different to my usual 5 day regime.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chicen clogs me up. Try more seafood and bacon, red meats, etc. I like to eat a different animal every day for variety's sake, except for my three-day "bacon fasts" at the top of each week. But I am also an infrequent pooper, on SAD sometimes going two weeks sans-poop. Now that I've been primal almost three years, I go almost daily MOST of the time, but every now and then a few days of "rest" comes along. I like to watch the volume of poop coming out as a ball park. I know all the fat I eat vanishes, so that's not coming out. The meat burns down to around 30% of what it was, so a 1-pound steak is only going to look like a twinkie or smaller on the way out. And if I don't go for a day or two, and then fill the whole bowl with a dry mountain on the top, I know my business is taken care of. But only once a week, I'd have to be eating almost nothing at all AND clogging myself with cheese or chicken or something.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast