Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Infrequent Poop page 3

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Hell, for all we know more time in the gut could mean better digestion.
    The native people of the planet poop daily & easily without strain. I've lived with & among enough hill tribe villages & rural 3rd world communities, read enough about bowel health since I have ruptured discs that effect my BMs. BMs ought not be an issue if the gut flora is profuse & the intestinal lining is intact & healthy. Also, abdominal organ & muscular core strength, water consumption, exercise such as daily walking @ a good pace, little to no stress during meal times, slow eating & proper chewing all are factors in maintaining regular & easy BMs.

Since going full primal, pretty quickly I was constipated, which was not ok, not acceptable w/ me at all - due to my disc ruptures & being told specifically by numerous physicians to keep my bowels strong & to keep things moving along daily.

And then when I maxed my daily consumption of a wide variety of home-fermented foods & probiotic supplements & enzymes, the flood gates reopened & much healing ensued in my gut & blood, body & brain. Now many months later, not maxing out on fermented foods like I used to, but still eating & drinking them daily in lesser but sufficient quantities, I still am moving my bowels 2-3 times a day. Constipation is NOT part of optimal health in my opinion, in my experience nor is it in the views of most every respected health professional I know or health authors/bloggers I read & respect.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Slow turds do not always equal constipation. You do not know everything, Betorq. You're a pretty cool guy, but you've got to stop pretending you know everything. Pooping 2-3 times a day like you claim sounds like a problem of its own. Maybe you should get help with that.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    When I stay low-carb for more than a week, I get bound up. And that's even with lots of fat in my diet.
    Upping carb consumption for a day gets things back to normal for me.
    Don't know why that is, but that's what happens with me.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You're not bound up if your food DISSOLVES entirely. Fat turns almost entirely into energy. Try eating only fat for a day or two, and you probably aren't going to take any impressive dumps. That doesn't mean digestion is abnormal.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    there's little point in chasing down a cure if there's no problem. If "regular" for you means once a week and nothing has changed, then it's no biggie.
    I don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it personally. I don't poop everyday (and frankly I'm amazed that people do!). It doesn't cause problems and I don't generally have any intestinal issues so.... I guess if it's not broken, don't fix it!
    Exactly.

Hell, for all we know more time in the gut could mean better digestion.
    Yes I think that the CW about "transit time" is silly. Your intestines are not a transport device.

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    The native people of the planet poop daily & easily without strain. I've lived with & among enough hill tribe villages & rural 3rd world communities, read enough about bowel health
    "The native people" in the 3rd world live on mostly carbs. Who says there is any straining going on? What you have read is right out of the same book that tells you about "healthywholegrains" and eating oat bran.

Slow turds do not always equal constipation. You do not know everything, Betorq. You're a pretty cool guy, but you've got to stop pretending you know everything. Pooping 2-3 times a day like you claim sounds like a problem of its own. Maybe you should get help with that.
    I have had some of his fermented stuff and spent a lot of time in the bathroom afterwards. I don' think that is optimal for absorbing nutrition.

You're not bound up if your food DISSOLVES entirely. Fat turns almost entirely into energy. Try eating only fat for a day or two, and you probably aren't going to take any impressive dumps. That doesn't mean digestion is abnormal.
    This. The raison d'etre of your digestive system is NOT the production of poop. It is the processing and breaking down of food and then absorbing it as your body's nutrition. If you are eating foods that digest fully and efficiently, there will not be much waste product. This is a good thing. Is is not pathological.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    You guys do realize we're arguing about how often we should poop right? How old are we?

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I go when I wake up, as soon as I get to work, after several bottle of water and after lunch. Today I feel bloated as I only went a little bit and my stomach is achy so I know I'm constipated but not sure why. I had french fries and catfish Sunday while watching football, so maybe that's why???? I know I'm about to have some coffee to see if I can move things along!.
    Health is Wealth!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123