Thread: Hi from Marin!

Hybrid View

Hi from Marin!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, but have been doing a combination of primal and low-carb for 13 months. Hope to see some others from the SF Bay Area.

Richard

Hi Richard. I live in NYC but was born in San Rafael, raised in Sonoma and Mendocino counties. It's nice to meet you. I'm new here, too.

Hi Violette, it's nice to meet you too! NYC is great! I moved out here from Manhattan a few years ago. I hope you like it there!?!

How can I make my Marin Fairfax 2007 bike better for long distance?

Quote Originally Posted by rtn1911 View Post
    Hi Violette, it's nice to meet you too! NYC is great! I moved out here from Manhattan a few years ago. I hope you like it there!?!
    Actually, I far prefer northern California. But NYC is where I have a good job that I like, which is nothing to sniff at.

Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post
    Actually, I far prefer northern California. But NYC is where I have a good job that I like, which is nothing to sniff at.
    That's sure is true. And having a job that you truly enjoy is the best!

Hi Marin,

Would you mind sharing your experience with low-carb and Paleo so far?

Welcome,

Jenni

Hi JenniRose,

The highlights are that I dropped 40 lbs of bodyfat in about 3 or 4 months and now weigh what I did in high school. I have a lot more energy and have not been sick -- at all -- in over a year. Maybe this is all coincidental to Paleo / low-carb, but I suspect not. My recommendation is to google "Peter Attia" and check out his website. For fitness (not that you asked) I have been doing a lot of bodyweight exercises and high-intensity / low-intensity cardio. See Jason Ferruggia for more on that.