Thread: Extended fast or quick post workout meal? page

jackson44 is offline Senior Member

Extended fast or quick post workout meal?

Primal Fuel
    I know Mark like's to delay his meals after a WOD to take in more HGH release. What you guys? Eat quickly after meal or do you guys have extended fast?

Thanks

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Depends on the day and what food is available. Sometimes I have a snack in the car on the way home, and eat dinner. Other times I have no food with me, and dinner takes forever to make, so I end up not eating for hours after working out. I think it's probably good to change it up and do a little of both.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i'm usually not hungry immediately after working out. it takes me anywhere from 45-90 minutes to feel it, but then i really do, and i can't see the point of denying myself food!

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I tend to work out in the evenings so don't get home until after 8pm, which is a little late for me to eat - so mostly I don't. I tend not to be hungry after a heavy lifting session in any case.

Great post as I've been wondering whether this was the most sensible thing to do, or whether I should be eating something post workout.

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    I been training in fasted state since the summer. Just wondering if there is a study suggesting how long we should extend the fast before breaking it with food. Anybody read one? Thanks

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I usually eat something soon after my strength and boxing sessions, but I wait for one and a half to two hours to eat after sprints to prolong growth hormone release.