Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: It's not working! :(

Threaded View

United Kingdom

It's not working! :(

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people could point out where I am going wrong? I heard about the primal diet through a friend of mine and, for the most part, I've been following it quite well. However, in the past few of weeks, I have had a few meals where I cheated and I seem to have gained a lot (I don't weight myself, I'm just going by my clothes)! Obviously, this makes me sad.

Anyway, for the past week and a half, I have been good and exercising, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Also, I am shocked at how much I have gained because even if I cheated, for the most part I was still sticking to it. So, I was wondering if I could give you an example of what I eat and do, and if you could tell me if it's OK, please?

Tea with full fat milk
    2 eggs fried in butter + bowl of full fat yogurt and (possibly) a tablespoon of honey

Another bowl of yogurt/10 almonds or a plum/orange/apple + tea

Lunch: Goats cheese/chicken salad or roasted peppers with some eggs or high fat meat

Same as mid-morning snack or possibly no snack at all

Dinner: Something similar to lunch but probably bigger + probably some yogurt or fruit plus a herbal tea (I really like tea b/c I'm British!)

Now...I have to admit that I am very fond of amaretto and I may have had a couple of glasses (not more than one at a time) in the past week. Is this going to make a big difference?

I really have not even touched bread or potatoes or grains at all in the past 2 weeks.

I walk quite a bit and I run maybe 3 times a week for about 30 minutes at a time. I live in Italy and there is no gym near me so interval training is not as easy as it might be if I were in a gym. I have started to do some pilates youtube videos too.

Where am I really going wrong? I'm so envious of these people who are losing 10 pounds at a time! That is the dream

Thank you for your help, guys!
    Last edited by Romana; 11-21-2012 at 09:00 AM.