Thread: Carrots- Primal Snack? page

fleet_fox is offline Junior Member

Carrots- Primal Snack?

Are baby carrots a good primal snack?

They are portable, cheap, and tasty. How much is too much?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Unless you're going VLC for fast fat loss, dealing with diabetes, or somesuch, carrots are fine. Best if dipped in fat. I'd say a cup a day or so is plenty for most people.

You'll get other opinions, guaranteed. But I'm with Melissa Urban on this one. http://www.urbangetsdiesel.com/2009/...crazytown.html
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    That's a great post about carrots!!!

On a related note--next month I'm going to one of the Whole9 workshops and I'm SO EXCITED!!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Jason VT is offline Senior Member
    Why spend the extra money on baby carrots? They're not immature carrots; they're carrots that are lathed down to a "cuter" size. Regardless of that though; they're delicious and I typically eat several pounds a week.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I love carrots. Baby carrots are pretty cheap at my grocery. Only 99 cents for a bag, but I've been buying the bigger bags of whole carrots lately.

Only issue I ever had with carrots is when I was eating them every single day, and I took on a yellow-ish hue. I didn't realize it until my sister pointed it out in photos. Not to worry, I suspect my yellowness came about as a hypothyroid thing, and the inability to process the beta carotene. You shouldn't turn yellow, I'm sure.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    You shouldn't turn yellow, I'm sure.
    Long ago I had a roommate who ate a LOT of carrots while dieting, much to the exclusion of fat and protein. She definitely turned yellowish-orangy. Granted she was a fair skinned redhead, but there was most certainly a colour change, which resolved once she laid off the carrots!!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    True baby carrots are different to 'normal' carrots. My parents used to grow baby carrots and we pulled them out of the ground, washed them under the tap (which came from the dam) to get the dirt off and ate them. You don't peel them obviously and they taste 'sweeter' than other carrots. I have never seen any genuine baby carrots for sale where I am though.