Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cholesterol page

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member

cholesterol

Shop Now
    I understand only around 10% of the cholesterol in your body is absorbed by food (maybe less), so it doesnt matter, however; I am wondering how much cholesterol you guys eat per day. Apparently I consumed 2468mg today.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    No idea, I don't eat cholesterol I eat food :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

What?

Food contains cholesterol

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    What?

Food contains cholesterol
    Pretty sure the answer means that they don't count cholesterol and just focus on good whole foods. Neither do I, but with the amount of eggs, liver, and fatty red meat I prefer I'm sure its sufficient to keep an optimal hormonal profile and do the necessary repairs.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-21-2012 at 11:33 AM.

SJW2 is offline Member
    I wouldn't worry about the cholesterol intake in your diet.

Paleobird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Please read my post again. I clearly state that I know it doesnt matter how much cholesterol you eat. You have a problem with not reading my posts and then commenting on them.

I asked how much cholesterol you usual consume. I didnt ask if its good or bad. I asked how much. There was no scientific reasoning behind it. I know a lot of people have apps that tell them.

Paleobird Guest
    I understand only around 10% of the cholesterol in your body is absorbed by food (maybe less), so it doesnt matter, however; I am wondering how much cholesterol you guys eat per day. Apparently I consumed 2468mg today.
    Please read my post again. I clearly state that I know it doesnt matter how much cholesterol you eat. You have a problem with not reading my posts and then commenting on them.
    First of all, cholesterol is not "absorbed by food" in any percentage so, no, you did not clearly state anything. You showed that you needed some basic info on cholesterol and the link I gave you is one of the best around.

Congrats. U found a typing error. Obviously cholesterol isn't absorbed by food. Good for you for knowing that. Now lets stop being retarded here. We both know the point of this thread was to see how much cholesterol people ate. I am sorry my posts aren't simple enough for you. Maybe u should stay out of my threads, seeing as how u always misinterpret them.

For the record. I read the straight dope on cholesterol, a more in depth updated cholesterol paper than ur link. So yes, I know a bit a out cholesterol, despite what my typo may suggest

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamra Byrne View Post
    Way more than most doctors think I should. I am healthy, happy, and vibrant. Must mean I am doing something right

Yes, you feel great but how do you know that evil bad, bad LDL-C isn't plugging up your arteries behind your back when you are not looking? Just kidding of course because I am now enjoying 2-3 pastured eggs per day, 1 lb of US Wellness liverwurst per week, 1 lb grass-fed ground beef per week, 1 lb US Wellness ground bison per week, 2-3 ozs of cheese daily and half&half in my coffee. My goal is to manage postprandial blood glucose which I can do very well on a VLC diet. I will have a lipid panel done sometime soon to hopefully confirm a big reduction in trigs. If my LDL-C is elevated because of my new diet then tough cookies because high BG and high trigs are much more concerning to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast