Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Male Birth Control page

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member

Male Birth Control

Primal Fuel
    "Old" article, but only recently heard about it on the nightly news...

Male Birth Control: New Procedure Is 100 Percent Effective, Reversible

How does anyone feel about this? It's definitely interesting, but Idk...I don't think I want to be one of the first people in line for this...than again, I'm a paranoid person anyways.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Sure, if it's safe I'd pop my manwhore pills.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I've been following this for a couple of years now. It's extremely promising. If it were widely available anywhere right now I would fly there and get it done. Alas, it's not and won't be for a while yet. But it has an excellent safety and effectiveness track record and is fully reversible--this has been tested on monkeys, in some cases where they repeatedly performed and reversed the procedure many times in the same monkey, with no long-term loss of sperm count/motility or any other side effects. Clinical trials in humans have shown the worst side effect to be temporary swelling and pain in the vas deferens immediately post-op, which is no biggie at all.

I will get in line ahead of you.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Sure, if it's safe I'd pop my manwhore pills.
    Legbiter, just so you know, it's not a pill. It's a one-time injection into your vas deferens (sperm tubes) that leaves a polymer coating that "pops" the cell walls of the sperm as they pass through it, sterilizing them. The polymer lasts for many years, possibly a lifetime, though it hasn't been in testing that long, and is otherwise biologically inert with no known side effects. Reversal involves a second injection that dissolves and flushes the polymer out the urethra.

So you have to get a scrotal injection. But then you never have to remember to take a pill or anything.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

The Best Birth Control In The World Is For Men

A more detailed description of how it works.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    So you have to get a scrotal injection....

Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    haha to be honest, the injection part doesn't bother me. I already plan to have a vasectomy one day. My concern is the chemical itself...same reason I'm not 100% supportive of hormonal birth control...messing with one's body scares me a little...that being said, if they could convince me that it is safe, shoot me up haha

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    haha to be honest, the injection part doesn't bother me. I already plan to have a vasectomy one day. My concern is the chemical itself...same reason I'm not 100% supportive of hormonal birth control...messing with one's body scares me a little...that being said, if they could convince me that it is safe, shoot me up haha
    Vasectomies carry risks as well--forcing the testes to reabsorb the sperm cells that can't get through the vas tubes can cause several problems including chronic pain in the testes, which is not fun. Vasalgel allows the sperm to pass but kills them in transit, avoiding this scenario.

Plus vasectomies are non-reversible in many cases because of scar tissue and other problems. Just FYI.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Vasectomies carry risks as well--forcing the testes to reabsorb the sperm cells that can't get through the vas tubes can cause several problems including chronic pain in the testes, which is not fun. Vasalgel allows the sperm to pass but kills them in transit, avoiding this scenario.

Plus vasectomies are non-reversible in many cases because of scar tissue and other problems. Just FYI.
    Valid points.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I definatly do it, heck I'd even sign up for clinical trials when they come here.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast