Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Male Birth Control page 3

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    soaking your balls in hot water gets you ~6 months no babies? sorry, the stakes are a bit high here (not procreating!) to be fucking about.
    There is a link in that article written by a guy whose done it for over 10 years* by tucking the boys back inside and holding them in with a rubber band round his knob and empty sack, he takes his own samples and looks counts up the sperm with his microscope.

You would think though that examining your own spunk with a microscope would be enough of a contraceptive by it's self

*note he's stopped now but looks like he's still not furtile again.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Just so you know -- I would never trust a male who tells me that he's got birth control covered. So long as I'm the one getting pregnant -- I'll take responsibility for myself, thank you. You can take whatever pills, shot, surgery you like, I'll always look after myself and never trust another.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Just so you know -- I would never trust a male who tells me that he's got birth control covered.
    because there's an epidemic of men trapping women with unwanted pregnancies, lolamirite?

and fuck surgery, I want the pill
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    because there's an epidemic of men trapping women with unwanted pregnancies, lolamirite?
    And here comes the s**t storm...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Can't answer for Louisa, but I agree with her. And if you perceive that there's an epidemic of women trying to trap men with unwanted babies, may I suggest you upgrade your taste in women?

I'm childless. I sure didn't get/stay that way by trusting my body's fate to someone other than myself.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Just so you know -- I would never trust a male who tells me that he's got birth control covered. So long as I'm the one getting pregnant -- I'll take responsibility for myself, thank you. You can take whatever pills, shot, surgery you like, I'll always look after myself and never trust another.
    Exactly.

and fuck surgery, I want the pill
    The first part is pretty irrelevant. I have actually known a guy who DID tell women he was sterile to avoid condoms... duh. But that shit goes both ways, women tell men all they time they are on BC but then don't follow the correct protocols with regards to antibiotics or taking it at the same time each day just out of sheer stupidity, and not actual scheming, which results in many pregnancies each year.

As far as wanting the pill... no you don't. You really don't want to rely on anything that will jack your hormones around so badly. Serious. The pill fucks up SO many women.

That new surgery where they inject the vas deferns with lining stuff sounds WAY safer.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Can't answer for Louisa, but I agree with her. And if you perceive that there's an epidemic of women trying to trap men with unwanted babies, may I suggest you upgrade your taste in women?

I'm childless. I sure didn't get/stay that way by trusting my body's fate to someone other than myself.
    Also... I don't care if I'm on BC/Sterile and you are on BC/say you are Sterile... if we are just dating or whatever...

CONDOMS.

The only way around those things are long term committed monogamous relationships.
    Last edited by cori93437; 11-21-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I totally agree with this. I was always under the assumption that this would only be an acceptable method if it was betwen folks who were in a super serious relationship and on the same page about having/not having kids and abortion and whatnot, because even if you are taking female hormonal BC, there's still a ton of STDs to worry about, so using this method presumes a trusting relationship, no?

I sent some of the linked articles to my husband, who thought they were awesome...can't wait for that drug trial in India to get approved so the injection is available elsewhere, if that ever happens. He's all geared up to do the hot water both thing, but the only problem is that there's no way to know for sure if it depleted the sperm count or not, so it's good insurance, but probably not safe to rely on. He's been contemplating getting a vasectomy, but after hearing about that horrible testicular pain, he kinda got terrifed of it.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Research "reproductive abuse" (it's not only women who try to "trap" people with babies). It's not an epidemic of men, but it does happen.

I think anything that gives a person more control over their own reproductive choices is great. Women have a number of options, whereas men's options have mainly been limited to condoms or surgery. I think it's great to give men more ways to avoid unwanted pregnancies, and I think even for someone who uses condoms to prevent STIs, something like this could be a good backup plan to make sure that if there's any accidental spillage, the risk of pregnancy is reduced (much like a lot of women use the pill as a backup to condoms for similar reasons).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Also... for any guys fearing the vasectomy... my brother has had it done, uncle, husband, several other friends and family members... all of them zero complications and 'back in business' in just a few days.

Had to wait until they tested clean to 'fire at will' sans protection of course! But you know...

The pain was really minimal.
    My husband says it was the best decision he ever made.

He did it because at 30, with an 11 yr old child and medical issues that meant I SHOULD NOT have any more children because of extremely high risk, the Gyn doctors gave me a huge hassle about wanting to get myself sterilized. I would have to sigh waivers, they wanted me to have a waiting period. The doctors were down right rude. My husband was appalled that I was treated as if I was incapable of making up my own mind on matters of my own reproductive health. This is actually pretty common. I've spoken to many women who were treated the same way... all by different doctors. It seems to be standard practice.
    It's ridiculous. And this is even though it's easier to reverse a female tubal ligation. Or at least create a pregnancy via implantation later. Not that big a deal these days.
    There is a huge issue with double standards in the medical community on this issue.
    Husband had zero children, same age, and they had the paperwork and prescriptions already filled out when he showed up to be examined for his consultation. He came back one week later and *poof* vasectomy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Also... I don't care if I'm on BC/Sterile and you are on BC/say you are Sterile... if we are just dating or whatever...

CONDOMS.

The only way around those things are long term committed monogamous relationships.
    Exactly this

I like the idea of the gel injection as it doesn't seem to mess around with hormones, is reversable (so is a tube snip but not always this seems more reversable) and hormone pills don't agree with my mrs (what the point of being on the pil if you can't cum?!?!?) We are 90% sure we are done having kids (any more and we will go insane and kill the lot of them ) but you never know so this is really apealing - so if it hasn't come to the UK by 2015 who's gonna offer me a bit of flor space so I can fly over for an injection in my special area
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast