Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats considered a tablespoon of coconut oil? When it's liquified or solid? page

thex1138 is offline Junior Member

Whats considered a tablespoon of coconut oil? When it's liquified or solid?

Primal Fuel
    When the coconut oil heats up and turns into liquid, is a tablespoon full of that considered a true tablespoon of coconut oil? Or is a tablespoon considered a heaping tablespoon full of the solidified stuff? Gaahhh so confused lol.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    As far as I know, a tablespoon is a tablespoon and shouldn't matter if it's liquid or not. I could be wrong though.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    As far as I know, a tablespoon is a tablespoon and shouldn't matter if it's liquid or not. I could be wrong though.
    I'd agree though a heaping tablespoon is not a tablespoon so if using the solid oil - level it off.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The volume shouldn't change significantly between the liquid and solid states (unless you've whipped it or something weird like that). It should be a proper level measuring tablespoon--that's 15ml for metric folks.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jakey is offline Senior Member
    you are overthinking this.

No, I am not. I am trying to find out how many grams of fat I'll be consuming per day. Thanks for your helpful input though!

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I agree with above, as long as you level it off when in a solid state, it should be about the same as when it's liquified.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    You can get a much larger amount of solid coconut oil on your tablespoon, so if it says "one tablespoon of coconut oil" just load up your spoon with as much oil as you possible can put on it! Therefore remember to use only solid coconut oil hereafter; because solid oil definitely goes in your favor, more bang for the buck so to say...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If you want to see the difference, maybe rest a level tblspoon of solid somewhere warm enough that it melts and see if it makes that much difference?

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If you want to see the difference, maybe rest a level tblspoon of solid somewhere warm enough that it melts and see if it makes that much difference?
    Very good idea

Last question, is it possible to overdose on coconut oil? would 3-6 heaping tablespoons per day be cool? I think I might have a urinary tract/kidney infection, so I want to get a lot of that lauric acid inside of me to fight off any bacteria/parasites/fungus that might be lingering around when I go keto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast