Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some people just don't get it page

Penady is offline Senior Member

Some people just don't get it

Primal Fuel
    So, I was browsing Reddit earlier today and came across this article:

Paleo/Primal Opinion - Boise Fitness Factory

This part actually made me LOL in its infinite ridiculousness:

"First of all, our bodies attack bacon (i.e. one of the main “animal fats” paleo/primal enthusiasts endorse) as a virus. That’s right…our bodies attack pork as a virus because of how crappy of a food source it is (ever seen what pigs eat? they are what they eat…so are we…). How is a natural immune response/immune system attack from our bodies ever validated/justified?"

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    This is the apocalypse; the deities are calling down a plague of bad science to tear us apart, to destroy us. I'm over here, building my paleo bunker.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Owly is offline Senior Member
    "First of all, our bodies attack bacon (i.e. one of the main “animal fats” paleo/primal enthusiasts endorse) as a virus. That’s right…our bodies attack pork as a virus because of how crappy of a food source it is (ever seen what pigs eat? they are what they eat…so are we…). How is a natural immune response/immune system attack from our bodies ever validated/justified?"[citation needed]
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    More bacon for me.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, and organic plants are grown with a lot of rotten manure. The point you are trying to make...?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    This is one of the dumbest, most misinformed things I've ever read. I was about to start commenting, then realized I had 10000 better things to do.

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    I choose not to respond to people who don't know how to left-justify their blog posts.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Primal Moose is online now Senior Member
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi ~

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Meh...I was ok w/ the first 1/2. So they add some rice and a little whole wheat but basically seem to be saying they agree w/ many Paleo principles. It's the second 1/2 where they kind of went off the rails and sounded a bit "cult'y" to me so I stopped reading. I haven't seen anyone around here dishing on drinking a little alcohol or having a piece of b-day cake every now and then. Paleo allows for the 80/20 method if you so choose so if you want some legumes and bread part of the week go for it. I'd say things are kept pretty real in this lifestyle despite their little hysteria to the contrary. The mere act of cutting out processed foods is probably the single biggest health benefit of going primal...something they agreed with right at the start of the post.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Also it's just a false premise. While my husband and son have bacon 1-2x week, I'm more likely to have it about 1-2x a month. And, while we do keep the fat to use if need be, we don't really hvae that much and we dont' use it that much. And, I'm looking at going pork-free myself, just because I feel like it.

It's not like pork is required for paleo or primal. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast