Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some people just don't get it page 2

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The WAPF done funded a study showing some types of unmarinated/uncured pork can result in adverse blood coagulation.
    How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood? - Weston A Price Foundation

The Perfect health diet are not too keen on pork for various reasons too.
    Pork: Did Leviticus 11:7 Have It Right? | Perfect Health Diet

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    My OH pretty much refues to eat pig products as she says it tastes un-clean, it's not something she can put her finger on more than that, she is sometimes ok with outdoor reared stuff, and normally OK with pastured super clean pork (my parents know some-one who raises pigs in a field on a natural diet and they are so tasty, she'll always eat that but it's a rare treat)

Pig is probably the worst thing I eat for the diet the animal gets, chickens eat a diet that is OK for chickens, ie they can digest corn, cows in the uk get mainly grass and silage, some suplimental feed for milkers and in winter is given, sheep get mainly grass with some suplimental feed in winter if needed. Pigs get all sorts of soy based shit all the time. God I love pig though.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    The WAPF done funded a study showing some types of unmarinated/uncured pork can result in adverse blood coagulation.
    How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood? - Weston A Price Foundation

The Perfect health diet are not too keen on pork for various reasons too.
    Pork: Did Leviticus 11:7 Have It Right? | Perfect Health Diet
    Both the WAPF and the follow-up posts to that one on PHD state that preparation methods are important when it comes to the health impacts of pork and that proper preparation will reduce or eliminate most risks.

As for soy and pork, yes, a lot of pigs get fed soy. Even pastured animals are often fed soy as a supplementary feed. I buy my pork from a farmer who does not use soy feeds for any of her animals, and I'd love to see an analysis of the O6 ratio for her animals as compared to soy-fed pigs. I know the quality of the meat is exceptional as compared to what I might get at the grocery store or even many farmers market vendors.

Tribal Rob, are chickens fed soy in the UK? They're commonly fed soy here because the increased protein in the feed accelerates growth. My friend's soy-free chickens are also very different birds from a conventional chicken.

Mmmmmm...tasty pigs.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12