Thread: Please critique my workout routine. page

linuxguy0481 is offline Member

Please critique my workout routine.

Primal Fuel
    Hello all!

I don't have the funds for a gym and I don't want to go outside in the winter due to bad air in my state and also don't want to slip and fall on the ice. So my workout routine is:
    Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: Doing SimpleFit. On Thursdays and Saturdays: I will be doing only Burpees for time. I will only be doing Burpees with the pushup variation.

I'm really out of shape. I'm thinking it's a good foundation to start with. What do you think?

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    I haven't ever really looked into simple fit but assuming it doesn't have you doing any crazy heavy weight lifting (Which is awesome I just recommend starting with a coach!) it sounds good! If you are 'really out of shape' then ANY moving around is good and burpees are in my opinion probably the best single exercise if you were going to pick just ONE thing to do. So go for it! See where it takes you in the next several weeks and then adjust your program if you need to!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    simplefit is great. and i like the burpees, but i think you need to consider a little more slow moving. if you're worried about going outside, see what you can find on craigslist or freecycle...i picked up a stationary bike for $20 and a treadmill for $50, both without really looking that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    I haven't ever really looked into simple fit but assuming it doesn't have you doing any crazy heavy weight lifting (Which is awesome I just recommend starting with a coach!) it sounds good! If you are 'really out of shape' then ANY moving around is good and burpees are in my opinion probably the best single exercise if you were going to pick just ONE thing to do. So go for it! See where it takes you in the next several weeks and then adjust your program if you need to!

I would love to have a coach. But I can't afford one right now. Maybe later down the line I can. Thanks for the feedback Noctiluca.

@PrimalRob: Well I do a lot of walking at my job. I currently work a warehouse job. So that keeps me active as well. Will my workout routine and working a warehouse job be enough?

Kevin1957 is offline Junior Member
    If you are really out of shape doing simplefit and two days of burpees will really hammer you. If i were you i would start with simple fit and maybe add some easier conditioning one day a week. things like jumping jacks, mountain climbers, bear crawls

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy0481 View Post
    @PrimalRob: Well I do a lot of walking at my job. I currently work a warehouse job. So that keeps me active as well. Will my workout routine and working a warehouse job be enough?
    yeah, that sounds pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1957 View Post
    If you are really out of shape doing simplefit and two days of burpees will really hammer you. If i were you i would start with simple fit and maybe add some easier conditioning one day a week. things like jumping jacks, mountain climbers, bear crawls
    I love doing burpees though. I just worked out an hour ago and I just 20 burpees. Out of breath but after that I felt pretty good. I feel like I accomplished something. That's how I feel when I do burpees. Also I did two minutes of jumping jacks to warm up.

Kevin1957 is offline Junior Member
    Day 2 of simple fit isn't taxing from a conditioning standpoint so do a small burpee session after that and keep your saturday burpee day

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1957 View Post
    Day 2 of simple fit isn't taxing from a conditioning standpoint so do a small burpee session after that and keep your saturday burpee day
    That's a great idea. I will do that. Thanks.

Oh by the way everyone. Later on I would like to join a Crossfit Gym. There are two by my house. One is 10 minutes away and the other 5 minutes. I'm a student and will be for a long time. I just want to pay off some bills so my wife and I can afford it. Although not sure about joining a Crossfit Gym next year. My wife is pregnant and my son will be born around the end of March. So I think that will hinder my Crossfit gym plans.