Page 1 of 272 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Primal Fuel
    I'm Naiadknight. This journal is a continuation of Naiadknight's Chronicles.
    I'm 28 years old, female, 5'2", small frame, and back up to 126 lb. I have controlled Hashimoto's, but I'd like to get it further under control.
    My Hashimoto's has symptoms, among others, of depression, hypomania, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. That's not a fun basket to carry, especially when those turn to suicidal depression. The best and easiest way for me to "cure" all of these is staying primal. I know this. Wheat, cottonseed oil, and sugar are the chief enemies in my war, but omega 3: omega6 balance, and dairy are their allies and must be controlled as well.
    In an effort to remind myself that the war isn't over and will never be over, I have started a new journal. This will be much the same as it's predecessor: a trip through my life and brain, as it happens, up, down, and sideways.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    first!

sorry, couldn't help myself. I look forward to reading your continued tweaks and all. Hopefully with the same old badassery and sarcasm.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Sugar is my enemy too.. I never put the depressed feelings together with consuming sugar until I found you guys.

I now have half a gallon of beef stock (well, a pint of that's going to Dad) and 3/4 gallon of chicken stock (again, a pint of that is going to Dad.) Given that the only effort that went into it was roast meat over veggies, pick out meat and toss bones back in, and add water and vinegar, and the grand total cost of meat and veggies was $15, I made out like a bandit.
    Dinner tonight is Phillies. I'm still running the test on the year old cheese. It seems to be safe, but last nights results were fouled by the Blizzard I may or may not have eaten. I'll probably serve mine over green beans and carrots, because as much as I love my brussel sprouts, my GI exits get rather vocal when I eat them. Dammit.
    I seem to be impressing my employer. I have yet to actually miss a deadline, apparently. The one I thought I had missed was an internal deadline to turn it over to someone else. They seem to like my work, my ability to think around corners and find loopholes in TCEQ (Texas's state version of the EPA) policy, and my personality. I told the lead owner I was on track to meet a deadline for a submittal and he about jumped out of his chair in happiness. Whoever was before me set a bar low enough I could just walk over it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Sugar is my enemy too.. I never put the depressed feelings together with consuming sugar until I found you guys.
    I found it by accident, well after I started primal. I went off path one family birthday and ate a bunch of candy, cake, and ice cream. I got REALLY depressed not even 20 minutes later. I repeated it at a later date, out of curiosity, with the same effect. It also makes my air hunger come back.
    Funnily enough, it's only processed sugar that does it to me. Honey seems not to cause any effects. I haven't experimented enough with molasses to say one way or the other.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm Naiadknight. This journal is a continuation of Naiadknight's Chronicles.
    I'm 28 years old, female, 5'2", small frame, and back up to 126 lb. I have controlled Hashimoto's, but I'd like to get it further under control.
    My Hashimoto's has symptoms, among others, of depression, hypomania, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. That's not a fun basket to carry, especially when those turn to suicidal depression. The best and easiest way for me to "cure" all of these is staying primal. I know this. Wheat, cottonseed oil, and sugar are the chief enemies in my war, but omega 3: omega6 balance, and dairy are their allies and must be controlled as well.
    In an effort to remind myself that the war isn't over and will never be over, I have started a new journal. This will be much the same as it's predecessor: a trip through my life and brain, as it happens, up, down, and sideways.
    Keep on fighting. Primal is a great weapon.

I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.I am a spammer and everyone hates me. I should fuck off because no one will buy my shitty knock off scammer product anyways.
    I ate it without the green beans. I don't know why I ever thought Phillies needed bread. All you need is well seasoned meat, bell peppers, onions, and good cheese.
    No noticeable effects from the cheese as yet. I may be lucky. I might be able to eat aged dairy. That still rules out my beloved cream, but I can learn to like coconut milk. I also need to test fermented dairy. Blue cheese at lunch seemed to have no effect either.

Thanks, Annie! I've been at this for a while, and I'm really trying to iron out what MY best version is.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 06-02-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I neglected to say that lunch was a Savannah Chopped Salad from McAlister's with Caesar dressing. Romaine, green leaf, red leaf, roast chix tit, dried cranberries, almonds, cukes, toms, bleu cheese, and caesar dressing.
    Packed for tomorrow, all except the last minute bits. I still need to coordinate a time with Sabine while I'm down there (I'll have my laptop if you wannna do that write- a- thon thingy), but I'll do that later. House is reasonably clean, laundry's all done except the last load of random escapees in the washer.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Mmm, the Philly sounds good. One of my best discoveries when I went low-carb was the breadless Reuben: corned beef layered with sauerkraut and melted Swiss cheese, and topped with a homemade sauce. Okay, not very primal, but not super UNprimal, and so delicious. And nowadays I could have it with homemade sauerkraut!

Write-a-thon: It depends on when we meet. If Friday evening, I may want to be socializing rather than working. If we feel like meeting again on Saturday, well, there's plenty of time for me there. Let's play it by ear. I'm looking forward to meeting you 'in person'. Drive safe!

Yeah, we'll figure it out. I'll give you a call Friday before I head over for Pie day.
    I haven't even been at work an hour and a half yet and I've already got 3 things out the door for signatures and drafting. They'll come back for review and submittal, but that's beside the point. There's one more I want to get to drafting today, so I can get ahead of that deadline and start on the stuff due by month end Monday.
    Down to 126 as of this morning. Most of that's water weight from Sunday's blowout, but I'm still proud to fit into my jeans without the "sausage casing" effect again. My 2s are actually a little loose again.
    Still not sure what I'll do for road food. I have the leftover broth meat and Philly chow, so no need for jerky. I may grab a couple bags of trail mix and a bag of dried cranberries, slice a couple apples, and call it good.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 1 of 272 1231151101 ... LastLast