Page 98 of 271 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 98

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Is it hopefully a fix-it ticket? Where you just get the inspection and then take it in and they cancel the ticket?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Blargh, what a jerk.

I'm glad you can get that dismissed though. Have some tea or something to aid in the calming?

Oh btw, I found out why Tazo is so hard to find! They changed the packaging & brand design. I couldn't find Calm at WF, but found most other common flavors, including Zen.

Wish I'd taken a screenshot of the post count. I'm a nerd .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm borrowing an office right now while they fix my system, but I do have KE tea in my desk drawer. I'll run and grab that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    That is the total suck. One plus for Ohio, vehicle inspections are not a law here.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    It could be just as much fun to pour sugar on the ground right outside their gas tank and watch them freak out.
    hahaha I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Is Geek receptive to doing something about his snoring? The least invasive thing is an oral device that will help keep his airway open. I've actually slept with one myself in order to find out what it feels like, and it is not bad at all. The downside is that it might not help. There is, of course, the land of surgery and CPAP machines. But snoring = cutting off airway = not enough oxygen = changes in blood = bad things done to the heart over time.
    True dat... my husband has sleep apnea and a CPAP. His CPAP was recently calibrated after a recent sleep study... but hubby doesn't use it... why? b/c it's missing a power cord... Said power cord is $12 online, or FREE at the local medical supply store b/c they have had some donated to them... why won't he use it? Sheer laziness... so I spent lots of nights on the couch while he's shortening his lifespan...

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Unfortunately, the reason he snores is allergies. He's allergic to West Texas. He had a great allergy medication at one point, but it got pulled from the shelves for some stupid FDA testing or historical test or some such bullshit. He's waiting for them to decide if they even want to do the testing. In the meantime, he's on 3-5 different allergy meds and those are nearly useless when the wind is high. The oral device may not help if he can't breathe due to inflammation. I have him taking zinc and Vitamin D now, so hopefully that starts helping him soon. he's also talking about getting allergy shots, if he can stay home long enough to get through them.
    What about nasal Omnaris for the inflammation? The stuff works amazingly well. Last summer, not sure if you'll recall or not, I was having MAJOR sinus issues. CT Scan, threat of roto-rooter surgery, etc. I opted for the Omnaris as a trial option (to avoid surgery). 1 week later, all sinus symptoms had vanished. It might help relieve the inflammation in Geek while he takes other allergy meds that help to prevent the inflammation. Steroids can help too. I hope he finds relief soon.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That is the total suck. One plus for Ohio, vehicle inspections are not a law here.
    Iowa has no such requirement. Thankfully. I can barely afford to register the danged thing every year!

Re: dog (sorry forgot to click the reply checkbox)

THAT IS AWESOME!! Hosing the dog down is freaking amazing! I love it! Now, if only it would dip to freezing temps when he does it... then he'd REALLY learn.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Iowa has no such requirement. Thankfully. I can barely afford to register the danged thing every year!
    Thanks for reminding me I have to pay the State of Ohio for my birth by renewing my DL and registering my vehicle. There goes $85.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Thanks for reminding me I have to pay the State of Ohio for my birth by renewing my DL and registering my vehicle. There goes $85.
    $85!!! It's $220 for my car, $150 for Brad's car, and $165 for his truck!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    When I bought my new car, it was freaking $600 in Maine to register it. And this is not an expensive car. I think the city clerk should have worn a stocking over her head and held a gun on me while I wrote the check. BTW I did not know it was going to cost this much and it was a serious dent in my budget.

That cop was jerk. I mean, who isn't anxious when they get pulled over? Seeing Mars lights in your rear view is a serious anxiety inducer! I'm a seriously laid-back person and when I got pulled over a few months ago I'll bet my heart rate rocketed up to about 150 and I don't want to think about my blood pressure, which is normally on the low side. He probably gets off on freaking people out.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 02-28-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's a new month. Time to set out some ground rules.
    1) Stick with the new adrenal therapy, complete with colorful veggies, primal, and stress reduction techniques. To tht end, I may need to find one of my old journals and start carrying it with me to release stress at work.
    2) Get Molly inspected and take care of the damn ticket.
    3) Quit spending so much damn time online, including Guild Wars 2 and here.
    4) More productivity at work. I need to acquire a copy of 4 hr Work Week.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Nice goals. I should follow them myself, though I don't know any Mollys or know if she/they need inspecting.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony