Page 97 of 283 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 97

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Owner Boss did something earlier that made me twitch (not visibly.) I had made a mistake on the plans because we were hauling ass to get them out the door. He called me out on it, which is fine. When I make mistakes, I learn from them. I was unclear on what he was calling me out on, so I was trying to explain my thought process in a calm, professional manner. He explodes at me with "GIRL... I mean, lady, look here" and then proceeds to actually explain my mistake. I get it, I look young. Yes, I probably appeared dense while he was being unclear. That doesn't give him the right to do what he did. I'm going to ignore it for the time being until I can figure it out. It's not the first time he's made little "slips" like that, but this was the most egregious. I'm used to west Texas. Everyone is Honey, Sugar, Sweetie, or Babydoll. I get that calling women "girls" isn't that far behind us. But there's a difference between vernacular and what felt like almost a slur (I'm not sure he meant it that way, but that's sure as hell how it felt.) I can't run it up the chain, he's top of the food chain. His name's on the freaking building.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Ain't it a bitch to be a woman in business in the South these days. I keep running into issues I remember my Mom talking about and think really, it's been 25++ years, what the hell? And then I realize where I am and what I am saying. Oh well, I hope you can cope with it since it is the owner. Or build a relationship where you can be frank about how being called that makes you feel uncomfortable.

I think today I'll try to stay off the boards. I'll do a quick check in at breaks and lunch, unless my plans change, in which case I'll see you after work.
    Dinner was fajita salad and 3 bites of a bean burrito.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Have a good day.

As for male owner dude, yeah, that is not cool. I salute your restraint in not punching him in the throat.

Then again, I was told today that I sometimes say inappropriate things in front of female employees. My response was (honestly) that I do not have female employees. I have guards - not male guards and female guards. Apparently, I may have to start watching what I say. Lovely.

Hey, my first spammer in the new journal! In honor of that, and because Tyche is getting crowded, I'm offering you a free, mandatory, one way pass to Vulcan or Cereberus! Now go. Your flight's about to leave and the penalty for missing it is death.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Sooo...the penalty for missing the flight is basically the same as the results of catching it?

Or am I not supposed to let them know that?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

No, if they're smart enough, they might survive a few minutes. Maybe. Then again, these are spammers.
    My Primal Battle Tome

GODDAMMED MOTHER FUCKING FATHER STABBING PIG!!!!!
    Son of a bitch pulled me over and gave a $145 ticket for an expired inspection sticker and then grilled me on why I was so damn nervous, which didn't help my anxiety. Doesn't he have a drug bust to go attend to or some other way to meet his fucking quota than to check the corner of my fucking windshield?!
    Bastard.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, I'm mad for you. Okay, that sounds weird. Anyway, I totally sympathize with your anxiety. $145 seems way too high to me!

Hey, that was your 11,111th post! That's kind of awesome.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I also now know my fight or flight response: I wanted to beat the shit out of him for giving me that damn ticket. I'm still furious and still shaking. I can get it dismissed if I can get her inspected in 10 days.
    As for the anxiety, he asked me why I was nervous and I told him the truth: it was one of the first times I'd been pulled over and I have an anxiety disorder. He kept coming back to that question like he thought I was lying. I'm not lying, jackass. I have an anxiety disorder and a long standing distrust of "authority."
    That post number is kinda a silver lining, though.
    My Primal Battle Tome