Page 96 of 279 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 96

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I know, Jon. I wasn't really looking at the homeopathic one. Homeopathy just sets off my science radar.
    That said, in this case they may have the right idea, but the wrong path. If we go the homeopathic route, especially if we up the dose over time, it could be akin to allergy shots without having to worry about keeping him home long enough for 12 weeks of doc visits.
    True, but I imagine the dosage would be difficult to determine, where as, allergy shots at least has a doctor having input - not that this helps if he is not there to get them.

As for the placebo thing, I know you know it. There are just thousands of people (some here) who really don't get it and take all kinds of shit that does no good at all besides mental masturbation.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Just as the body has the ability to screw itself up, it also has the ability to heal itself. And sometimes it needs a little help. The placebo effect is well known and accepted in the medical community. Not that I particularly care what CW medicine thinks, even though I earn my living from it. But I know you've probably tried everything about ten times and it is pretty frustrating. I have a good friend who had extensive surgery three years ago, had most of his soft palate, his tonsils, and his uvula removed. He felt great for about six months and then the symptoms started to creep back...now he is snoring just as badly as he ever was. Oddly, he has had some luck with honey. Maybe it is placebo, who knows? Of course the bad thing about it is that you have to keep it up forever. It just treats the symptoms, doesn't cure the problem.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Best I can do is start small and up it by a drop or two each week until either he gets better or gets worse. If we go through the entire bottle (or 6 weeks, whichever is shorter,) and nothing changes, we'll chalk it up as a bad placebo.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Just as the body has the ability to screw itself up, it also has the ability to heal itself. And sometimes it needs a little help. The placebo effect is well known and accepted in the medical community.
    Certainly, and while I am not any kind of a medical professional, it seems like many 'illnesses' are brought about by self-inflicted suppression of the immune response be it through poor nutrition, poor sleep, or being 'depressed'/stressed (not clinically but self-diagnosed moping.) A placebo would allievate at least the latter as a more positive attitude due to the new cure in my mind would be effective in boosting said immune response. The whole 'will to live' thing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

We won't be able to cure it without moving up north or if this allergy shot/ homeopathy works to retrain his body. Even if he has to stay on it, $20/ months is a tenth of $200/ month (with insurance.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I honestly think his would be better by going primal, but that's off the table. I'm just doing what I can to find other ways to control his allergies, short of putting him in a allergen controlled bubble.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch was 2 wings with bleu cheese, spag ala squash, and havarti covered steamed broccoli. Why yes, I am the leftover eater, why do you ask?
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Leftovers are the best. Clint has learned my mantra of "most foods are better the next day".
    Georgette

I need to clean out the fridge, as the rest of the leftovers are looking kinda old. Granted, I don't think anything would (or can) grow in chile sauce or adobo sauce, but at 3 weeks, it just wouldn't taste good anymore.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I need to clean out the fridge, as the rest of the leftovers are looking kinda old. Granted, I don't think anything would (or can) grow in chile sauce or adobo sauce, but at 3 weeks, it just wouldn't taste good anymore.
    I started doing the same thing last night. Just dumping containers of food down the disposal. Ugh.
    Georgette