Page 94 of 283 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 94

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Bleh, that sucks Naiad. There seems to be a bunch of snoring spouses around lately. Sadly, in my home I think it is me. Hopefully, your day is decent despite the lack of sleep.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I just discovered the idea of a mug quiche, ready in nothing flat via the microwave. Folks, we have a winner!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quiche details?

If I'm tossing and turning or disrupted from sleep for more than 30 minutes, I migrate to another sleeping area. A lifetime of taking an hour or longer to fall asleep has taught me what 30 min in bed feels like.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

All told, including time to get the earplugs and second pillow, it probably less than 45 min, but it sure as hell felt like more.
    Mug quiche!
    2 eggs
    1 glug heavy cream
    1 oz cream cheese (I didn't soften it or anything, just cut it up into chunks)
    2 slice bacon
    1 handful greenery
    1 bell pepper ring, chopped

Parcook the bacon and veggies in the microwave for a minute. Scramble cream cheese, eggs, and cream together. Pour scramble and parcooked items into a 12 oz mug, nuke for 2 minutes.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Is Geek receptive to doing something about his snoring? The least invasive thing is an oral device that will help keep his airway open. I've actually slept with one myself in order to find out what it feels like, and it is not bad at all. The downside is that it might not help. There is, of course, the land of surgery and CPAP machines. But snoring = cutting off airway = not enough oxygen = changes in blood = bad things done to the heart over time.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    All told, including time to get the earplugs and second pillow, it probably less than 45 min, but it sure as hell felt like more.
    Mug quiche!
    2 eggs
    1 glug heavy cream
    1 oz cream cheese (I didn't soften it or anything, just cut it up into chunks)
    2 slice bacon
    1 handful greenery
    1 bell pepper ring, chopped

Parcook the bacon and veggies in the microwave for a minute. Scramble cream cheese, eggs, and cream together. Pour scramble and parcooked items into a 12 oz mug, nuke for 2 minutes.
    Holy cow! I will have to try this out! Thanks!
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Is Geek receptive to doing something about his snoring? The least invasive thing is an oral device that will help keep his airway open. I've actually slept with one myself in order to find out what it feels like, and it is not bad at all. The downside is that it might not help. There is, of course, the land of surgery and CPAP machines. But snoring = cutting off airway = not enough oxygen = changes in blood = bad things done to the heart over time.
    Unfortunately, the reason he snores is allergies. He's allergic to West Texas. He had a great allergy medication at one point, but it got pulled from the shelves for some stupid FDA testing or historical test or some such bullshit. He's waiting for them to decide if they even want to do the testing. In the meantime, he's on 3-5 different allergy meds and those are nearly useless when the wind is high. The oral device may not help if he can't breathe due to inflammation. I have him taking zinc and Vitamin D now, so hopefully that starts helping him soon. he's also talking about getting allergy shots, if he can stay home long enough to get through them.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You've probably tried all the holistic stuff, and maybe found they didn't work - local honey, local raw dairy, especially goat. Or maybe he will not eat any of that stuff. The oral device might help, but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on one. It seems to me that allergy shots are very hit or miss. So hard to know what to do. I can't remember, is he primal? Grains - the product of Satan. The real pain is that with adults, you can't hope they will 'grow out of it' like kids do. Of course, these things come and go mysteriously. I hope he finds something that helps. Does either one of you ever travel to Europe? They often have better meds available, their governments aren't as screwed up as ours in regards to availability.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

He is not primal and never will be. He's made that very clear. He's had all of these allergies since childhood. I might try the local raw honey idea on him, but I don't expect it to take.
    His snoring really isn't that bad unless the weather is atrocious, and at that, point, even I snore. There's just no grass or weeds or ANYTHING to keep the fine sand down.
    Neither of us even has a passport. I've been tempted to go through a less than reputable path and get the shipped from Europe, but I also get scared of getting a bad batch or out and out ripped off.
    I'm just hoping tonight will be better.
    I wanted to kill Owner Boss earlier today. He managed to make a mistake I made seem personal.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Unfortunately, the reason he snores is allergies. He's allergic to West Texas. He had a great allergy medication at one point, but it got pulled from the shelves for some stupid FDA testing or historical test or some such bullshit. He's waiting for them to decide if they even want to do the testing. In the meantime, he's on 3-5 different allergy meds and those are nearly useless when the wind is high. The oral device may not help if he can't breathe due to inflammation. I have him taking zinc and Vitamin D now, so hopefully that starts helping him soon. he's also talking about getting allergy shots, if he can stay home long enough to get through them.
    I know there this is this product called Allergina* that is for allergy sufferers and they make it based on the region of the country you live in. It may be something for you guys to look into for Geek.
    Georgette