Page 92 of 271 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 92

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Each time hubby goes to the Lone Star state, I ask for a pecan pie. Reminds me of gathering pecans as a kid off the sidewalks in Killeen for nuthin' except the energy to walk there and the brainpower to not forget a bucket. Don't usually get one, though, although I did once... ! Man, somebody ought to Primalize pecan pie.
    I did... Do you wantses it?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    There is a primal pecan pie recipe? Oh hell-to-the-yeah! me wantsses it... my preciousssssss

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Or a barking dog soundtrack that plays on a loop 24/7..... a little yappy chi-hooa-hooa knda thing....
    Definitely this.
    Georgette

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    OMG!! Gimme'!! I almost peed myself! And I will hunt you down if you give me a crappy recipe after getting my 'spectations all up like this!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

It's loosely based on Son of Grok's Primal Flan recipe.
    1 can coconut milk
    2 bananas
    3 eggs
    a tetch of honey
    pecans, both whole and ground
    more honey
    butter, ghee, or coconut oil
    In a blender, puree the eggs, coconut milk, and bananas and honey to taste to a smooth consistency. Take the ground pecans and mix it with melted grease until it'll hold together when you clench it in a fist. Now press that into 6 ramekin bases and walls as your crust. Pour the custard in the blender into your ramekins and bake at 350* in a water bath until mostly set. Pull out and top with pecans and drizzle with honey. Put back in until pecans are toasted and the custard is right (approx 5 min.) Let cool, if you can.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Okay, cough up the recipe. I'm wanting it and I don't even like pecan pie. But I am prepared to let go of expectations and approach new experiences with an open mind, dontcha know!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Okay now, THAT I will like. That needs to be cooked TODAY.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I am going on your good word, and I can see what this recipe is doing - I just really don't like bananas. Perhaps I will get touch o' green bananas because they are less banana-ey. Will try!

Thankeee!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

If bananas make your mouth itch or you can taste bananas in ANYTHING, I'd say stay away from this one. There is a slight banana flavor to it, although the custard flavor dominates it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Wonder how this would taste with cashews? (She says wonderingly...)