Page 91 of 283 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 91

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    All this fun neighbor talk makes me want to run out and buy house.
    My nearest neighbors are literally acres away in all directions, so we get along splendidly. Truly - we only see each other when we all want to be social-like, and we have no problems. But then again, you would have to buy your place in Appalachia...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Appalachia...
    No offense, CC, but I can't read that word without hearing banjos...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    What and you don't hear conutry music at the words "West Texas?"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    What and you don't hear conutry music at the words "West Texas?"
    Nope. I associate Texas with BBQ. Of course, I also associate Memphis and the Carolinas with BBQ as well. I kind of like BBQ.

Seriously - I am a cat owner, no experience with dogs outside a few dog sitting gigs, but what about bad smells? I was just googling around cause this interested me, and found scent repellents against dogs like citrus peels and chili, dribbled on cotton balls or some such, and left where the dogs frequent. I got a rabbit to leave a door alone once with Chinese mustard. Dumb idea?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    If the neighbor's want to play petty vengeance, let's go! The assholes left their floodlights on all night, so the dog started barking under my window at every leaf and twig at 530 AM. I did the most civil thing I could thing of at 530 AM after being awakened in a Nyquil induced haze and sprayed the fuck out of the dog with the hose in freezing weather. i wanted to sabotage their vehicles, kill the dog, or [most of all] kill the owners, but I decided to be polite and train their dog for them.
    Last night was blacked fish with pico and french fries. Hungry this morning because I didn't eat the tortillas that the fish was wrapped in (the amount of actual fish in those tacos was pretty damn piddly for a breastaurant.)
    psssst.... subsonic 22 long rifle..... cure the barking in 1 easy step....

Then obviously you need to buy a barking dog.
    Or a barking dog soundtrack that plays on a loop 24/7..... a little yappy chi-hooa-hooa knda thing....

No offense, CC, but I can't read that word without hearing banjos...
    cue the soundtrack to Deliverance....

Nope. I associate Texas with BBQ. Of course, I also associate Memphis and the Carolinas with BBQ as well. I kind of like BBQ.
    Each time hubby goes to the Lone Star state, I ask for a pecan pie. Reminds me of gathering pecans as a kid off the sidewalks in Killeen for nuthin' except the energy to walk there and the brainpower to not forget a bucket. Don't usually get one, though, although I did once... ! Man, somebody ought to Primalize pecan pie.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Sub Doc- I would, but they'd buy two more to replace the one. That's what they did when one of the Pomeranians died: bought another Pomeranian and a dalmatian. I can't kill it outright, I hafta let them think it died of "natural causes."
    Crabb- They aren't actually on my property. The front gate to the neighbor's yard is not even 5' from our master bedroom window, and they stand at the gate and bark at everything, living, dead, and indifferent, that happens by. It's because they've never been trained and are bored out of their skulls. The owners have provided them NOTHING to keep them busy: no toys, no grass, caliche yard. So, in order to not be bored, they bark. And bark. And bark. THese dogs are not completely stupid. I've managed to train them to fear the sound of my screen door slamming. THey just need something to keep them busy. I might buy a few cheap lengths of rope, knot them up and toss 'em over the fence, to see if my theory of boredom is right.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome