Page 9 of 283 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 9

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    This makes soooooooo much sense to me. Now, I am a major fan of The Walking Dead and the killing of the zombies doesn't bother me one iota. It's everything that happens to the humans on the show that makes it so I do not sleep on Sunday nights. One female character was almost raped the other night and it totally freaked me out. A young boy had to shoot his own mother in the head so she wouldn't turn after being cut open to get a baby out. It's the stuff like that bothers me. I think you can also figure that I don't watch ANY Lifetime TV at all period. Plus, I despise horror films with a passion.
    Things where people are being mutilated or tortured bother me immensely. So, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre screws me up for a few days. Paranormal crap scares me... literally. And creeps me out forever. I can watch that kind of stuff only sparingly. I prefer stuff like Burn Notice, Suits, and Justified. People get killed, but it's random, no-emotions-tied kind of stuff - cars getting blown up, etc.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Geek and I were watching Fringe (the SyFy run), Dark Matters (on Science) and something else. As much as I love Fringe, it screws with my head. Dark Matters is hit or miss, it depends on the story. The Unabomber story didn't faze me last night, but the seed vault one did. I can't watch Walking Dead or anything zombie because my imagination convinces me they're in the backyard and will get in that big back window (that I really want to replace eventually.) Lifetime just irritates me with how sappy it is. I can see your theory (well, their theory), Kymma. It makes sense.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Had Chinese food for dinner, as I needed to run to Midland anyways to check out a ramp/ curb system for work. Did some moving slowly at the mall while shopping for Mom, Dad, and Geek (shh, he doesn't know those pj pants are his.)
    Got home with the infamous "get to the bathroom or you'll shit your pants" feeling and took care of that.
    Shit. All these symptoms trace back to the BC increasing the dose I need and fucking with my thyroid via estrogen. Time to talk with the doc seriously about an IUD. I'm tired of messing with hormones that fuck things up worse.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 11-29-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    first!

sorry, couldn't help myself. I look forward to reading your continued tweaks and all. Hopefully with the same old badassery and sarcasm.
    dammit.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    NK I love my non hormonal IUD. Nothing to think about. It does cause heavier periods, but I solved that with a 1mg / day iodine dose. I have no other BC option because hormones could cause a recurrence of pulmonary emboli.

I have always had a hard time with violence and horror. Especially stuff that could happen like psychos and serial killers. My grandmother went to elementary school with Ed Gein. My Mom and her siblings used to tease her by saying he was her boyfriend.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-30-2012 at 04:18 AM.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Upping my carbs has minorly helped with always being cold. Course, that could also be hyperthyroidism as well. It has definitively helped with the desire to snack after dinner, though. That's gone at this carb level.
    Hey Naiad, I'm curious if you know how many carbs you're taking in now? Since I'm tracking my food (I like seeing the numbers - I'm an IT gal - what can I say?) I noticed that I'm alternating days of <30-ish and <70-ish. I know I've had issues with being cold in the past, so wondering if I experience that... maybe I need more veggies. Sweet potatoes or something.

I keep weighing myself, too. It's those damn numbers. I can't escape them.

As for Fringe... that's an awesome show! Numb3rs too. We don't have cable/satellite TV, only Netflix, so I'm probably at least a season behind everyone else. Or watching shows that aren't even on the air anymore. Heh.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have season one of The Fringe on hold at the library, after my sister-in-law told me about it. Looking forward to finding another series I enjoy, and I guess there are five seasons, so I hope I LOVE it.

I love the show. It just tommyknocks around in my head if I watch it on the wrong day.
    Zee- I'm still experimenting, but my lower limit seems to be 85, with a daily upper limit of 150 and tolerable upper limit of 175.
    I've looked into the IUD. If I can get my doc to sign off on it, the insurance is supposed to cover all of it, thanks to the affordable healthcare act. It is somewhat contraindicated for those of us who haven't had kids yet, because of a higher chance of expulsion. Apparently, my fears of perforation are actually highly unlikely, even as tiny as I am in stature.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Boyfriend straight-up refuses to watch rape scenes. Seeing "The Book of Eli" in theaters, he nearly walked out. I am made queasily uncomfortable by needle injections on the screen (never understood why it actually needs to be SHOWN, we all know what's happening!) and get depressed if I see someone purposely injure themselves in shows or movies. I usually hide my eyes when any injuries occur, but I'm okay with it once the damage is done. Not the same as what you guys are talking about though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have an appt with the doc Monday. Hoping to get hormones tested as well as the thyroid, and I know she'll want to do a female exam. Yeesh. One fun ball of wax there.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 9 of 283 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast