Page 87 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 87

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks y'all! Sometimes Catchall Engineers (Civils) get no love (hell, we get plenty of hate) because what we do tends to be stuff people feel entitled to or invisible or both. Especially in my branch. There was something a friend of the family had posted in his office:
    When you flush your toilet: thank a civil.
    When you have a road to drive on: thank a civil.
    When your home isn't a lean to: thank a civil.
    When you have running water: thank a civil.
    On the other hand, if your HVAC breaks, blame the electrical.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    When you have a road to drive on: thank a civil.
    so who do I blame for traffic and bad drivers?

Gubmint, tax payers, and idiots.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Gubmint, tax payers, and idiots.
    So my habit of looking skyward, shaking my fists, and yelling, "Khaaaaaaaaan!" doesn't work?

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I get 6-7 hrs restful sleep and it's not enough because I'm asking my body to dig for resources it doesn't have to heal my sinuses AND meet deadlines AND eat right while accommodating Geek AND be a grown up (cleaning up after dinner, insurance decisions, yadayada) when all I want to do is sleep for 3 weeks.
    Pfffft. I generally say to heck with the being a grown up part. The stack of dishes just keeps getting bigger, though...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So my habit of looking skyward, shaking my fists, and yelling, "Khaaaaaaaaan!" doesn't work?
    Not unless Khan is the accountant in your city...
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Pfffft. I generally say to heck with the being a grown up part. The stack of dishes just keeps getting bigger, though...
    I generally do, too, aside from keeping a semi presentable house. But insurance decisions and such can't exactly be put off.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm feeling a LOT better and less murderous now that I've gotten that set of plans to drafting. I hate arbitrary deadlines.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I know some really short-sighted engineers. I have very little patience with them. But I also know some bomb ones. There are good people, and there are bad people. You seem like a badass engineer who would be a dream to work with . My dad is also a badass engineer, IMO. Mechanical, to start with, at Boeing, and then got into software.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like to think I'm easy to work with. I'm generally easy going. That said, I do enforce certain standards and requirements that can make it difficult (I won't sign someone else's work, I won't make a decision on a project that I'm not involved in, I tend to default to the legal requirements when I'm unsure on things that could get me in trouble, that sort of thing.)
    My Primal Battle Tome