Page 86 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 86

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Lunch was more kale, spinach, green beans and broccoli, this time nuked into leftover madras curry.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    It is National Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day, made me think of you!

It's also E-week! "EEngineers Week celebrates the positive contributions engineers make to society and is a catalyst for outreach across the country to kids and adults alike."')
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner was chicken caesar salad.
    I've been flat on my ass (or wishing I was while trying to power though a deadline) all week. I know I'm supposed to listen to my body, especially when I'm sick and especially especially while I'm trying to heal my adrenal glands. But I live in this place called the real world. I can't take sick days without fear of them replacing me. I can't ditch on a deadline because I feel dead without them thinking about canning me. I live in a world where there's no such thing as illness and everyone always goes to work to meet impossible deadlines and deal with ijit clients. To take off sick days is tantamount to saying "I don't want my job, give it to someone else." Fucking American work ethic. Fucking forced presenteeism. These past couple weeks I've been living to sleep and veg on the weekends, because I CAN'T during the week. I get 6-7 hrs restful sleep and it's not enough because I'm asking my body to dig for resources it doesn't have to heal my sinuses AND meet deadlines AND eat right while accommodating Geek AND be a grown up (cleaning up after dinner, insurance decisions, yadayada) when all I want to do is sleep for 3 weeks.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Hugs hun. I understand how you feel.
    Georgette

Breakfast was sausage and cheese with a side of "who gives a fuck?"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Breakfast was sausage and cheese with a side of "who gives a fuck?"
    Barak Obama, that is who. Okay, I have no idea if that is true, but eh.

Sausage and cheese is good. TGIF and all that Naiad.

Oh, and thanks for all the stuff Engineers have done. I'm kind of a fan of many things y'all made possible.

I'm happy it's Friday. Hell, I may bypass dinner altogether to pass the hell out, depending on what I eat for lunch and how zonked I am.
    I'm trying to see the happy side of this. I really am. At least I have a job. At least I can go see a doctor when I need to, even if our insurance is suddenly gonna SUCK come March. At least I can do site grading even when brain dead, unless it has actual topography. I have a husband, family, and friends that love me, even when I'm being a total reclusive bitch.
    Thanks for the engineer love, Jon! Most people seem to think what we do just kinda appears outta nowhere and needs no maintenance (just ask the people who want more but refuse to pay for it.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I love engineers. They are some of the coolest and smartest people I know. In a lot of ways, you guys make life a lot easier for all of us.
    Georgette

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I love engineers. They are some of the coolest and smartest people I know. In a lot of ways, you guys make life a lot easier for all of us.
    True that.... we can thank engineers for nifty things like doors and windows so we can get in our houses (cuz climbing down the chimbley is a serious biach!), and for cars so we don't have to shovel horse poo out of the city streets anymore.... and for street sweepers to sweep up the horse poo, and LOTS of other niifty things!