Page 85 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 85

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Speaking of muttering and plotting...
    still digging to find MY "right" answer.
    And your right answer is the only one that matters. Happy digging!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Very nice gifts. I love the necklace.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Cool gifts. That ferrous silly putty sounds fun!

FWIW I have been trying the VLC thing and have not lost weight. I purposely ate some ( lots for me) milk chocolate Monday after eating nachos ( also not something I've done in many months) and am feeling better than I have in a long time today. Maybe coincidence, but it is awesome to feel good! I also did not gain after the Monday munch out. I was seriously considering adrenal fatigue going on with me too.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    For those who suspect adrenal fatigue, this is one of the more viable grain free ways to do it: 5-6c nonstarchy veggies (approx 35-60g carbs, depending on the veggie), 12 oz meat (72-100g protein, depending on the meat) and balance of decent fat. VLC can apparently make it worse. Meal timing apparently means a lot, including a supposed afternoon snack that I always forget about. Sleep also means a lot. I can go into more detail for those interested, just based on my research and collation from the web.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tomorrow's bento meal is packed and in the fridge: 2 bowls of veggies, a bowl of leftover madras curry (will either eat the veggies raw or pour them into the curry,) and a bowl of cut up sausage and broccoli for an afternoon snack. Now to chop veggies for tomorrow's breakfast (veggie fauxrito.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I honestly feel a LOT better after last night's "carb up" (50g carbs yesterday, mostly from the potato wedges at dinner.) I know, I know, starch, but I need more carbs than celery would get me.
    I need more colorful veggies, but I'm not willing to lay out over a buck a pop for not- green bells. I guess I could eat more squash (yellow and spaghetti) for yellow. Berries for red and blue. Carrots for orange. What does chard taste like, I wonder? Tomato for red. I really need to up my eating of naturally blue/ purple vegetation.
    My Primal Battle Tome

What does chard taste like, I wonder?
    It's a leafy green, not as bitter as say collards or mustards (as far as I recall - been a while since I ate it) - kind of spinachy. It tends to be too expensive here and sold in too small a bunch to be worthwhile.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I think around here, the bunches are similar in size to spinach, meaning there's a 2 week window in the spring they're worthwhile. Thank for the flavor profile, though!
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think around here, the bunches are similar in size to spinach, meaning there's a 2 week window in the spring they're worthwhile. Thank for the flavor profile, though!
    NP. The one thing I do like about it is that the rainbow chard has really cool looking, colorful stems which can add color to dishes. Beyond that, eh, f' it, spinach is cheap and kale tastes better.

PrimalCon New York
    Breakfast was 1 c chpped baby kale and spinach, 3 chopped huge green beans, the stalk to my broccoli, 2 eggs, and 2 tbsp butter to make a portomelette (there was too much mass to be able to fold the thing like a burrito after cooking.) Really freaking easy breakfast for those who don't have time or give-a-damn to create a fancy breakfast and need to be able to eat it in the car.
    My Primal Battle Tome