Page 83 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 83

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I am gaining a reputation that I don't want: I'm apparently the client whisperer. If you hand me a project with a difficult client or missed deadline or whatever, I somehow (usually by stumbling into it) work milagros and get them at least to give us what we need. Apparently, there's been a few that I've ended up having smiling and laughing about a missed deadline. I don't know how I do it. I don't know if I want that claim to fame, because I hate dealing with clients to begin with. Developers and architects are generally morons.
    I used to have that rep at work also. I looked like I was maybe 16 yo when I was in my 20s and it always threw a pissed off customer a curve ball when I showed up. I would listen to their troubles and figure out how to fix it...and smile a lot. I actually won many company awards at getting customers to sign off and pay when even the directors couldn't. This was of course in an almost exclusively male field. I suspect you have the same kinda stuff working both for and against you ( possibly why it was so hard to give you a chance to get hired on when they wanted experience). Play your hand to your advantage, just like it was poker.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I do look younger than my age and work in a predominantly male industry.
    Let's use yesterday's as an example meeting. We were meeting with a notoriously difficult client. I ended up finding an ideal location for a rogue fire hydrant and selling them on it. I ended up being able to explain a more expensive pipe choice and having them happy about it because it means less outlay in terms of fill and asphalt. I soothed the ruffled feathers about "bad grades" due to what their neighbors did. And I had them smiling and cracking jokes with the extended deadline. This was with my boss in the room trying to do the same thing. I was SICK and doing this.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I do look younger than my age and work in a predominantly male industry.
    Let's use yesterday's as an example meeting. We were meeting with a notoriously difficult client. I ended up finding an ideal location for a rogue fire hydrant and selling them on it. I ended up being able to explain a more expensive pipe choice and having them happy about it because it means less outlay in terms of fill and asphalt. I soothed the ruffled feathers about "bad grades" due to what their neighbors did. And I had them smiling and cracking jokes with the extended deadline. This was with my boss in the room trying to do the same thing. I was SICK and doing this.
    It's a talent and you have it. I also look younger and I am never sure if its a curse or a godsend. Maybe with letting my hair go, I'm going to look more my age? I have a ton of grey hairs now.

I shouldn't have eaten that half cupcake or that Ferrero Rocher. Fuck it, don't care.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I shouldn't have eaten that half cupcake or that Ferrero Rocher. Fuck it, don't care.
    Ferrero Rocher do not exist. If I eat them, I do not count them, as they do not exist. They are too freaking good to actually be part of this world.

That said, I wonder how hard it would be too make my own....hazelnut, chocolate, nuts...easy enough. I wonder how you make the crispy part though....
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Without grains, it'd be difficult. Unless you just do a thin shell of chocolate, but that'd be a different crunch. Maybe some sort of dehydrated nut thing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Without grains, it'd be difficult. Unless you just do a thin shell of chocolate, but that'd be a different crunch. Maybe some sort of dehydrated nut thing.
    Yeah, that was my thought. It would probably not be worth the hassle anyway. Perhaps one could make the nom nom paleo - paleo truffles just with a hazelnut in the middle. I might have to try that one day when I feel like chocolate.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Things I hate today:
    1) Everyone
    2) Everything
    3) Pretty much the whole damned world.
    TMI:
    My body decided that today was a fine day to find all the loose pieces of shit rattling around in me and send them all down. But not as a solid log or even diarrhea. Today's bathroom visits have been a nasty case of tar ass. MY entire torso from tit level down is suffering from the digestive track's decision: discomfort, the pain of not being able to take a good shit and pent up gas.
    /TMI
    Slept well last night. Even with passing out right after playing Guild Wars 2 on the futon and moving back to the bedroom at 330, I got in a solid 7 hrs of 7 hrs 20 min in bed.
    Not hungry. I may actually listen to my body today in regards to breakfast. I'm hoping to help my body purge itself of the cause of the aforementioned TMI.
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Things I hate today:
    1) Everyone
    2) Everything
    3) Pretty much the whole damned world.
    TMI:
    My body decided that today was a fine day to find all the loose pieces of shit rattling around in me and send them all down. But not as a solid log or even diarrhea. Today's bathroom visits have been a nasty case of tar ass. MY entire torso from tit level down is suffering from the digestive track's decision: discomfort, the pain of not being able to take a good shit and pent up gas.
    /TMI
    Slept well last night. Even with passing out right after playing Guild Wars 2 on the futon and moving back to the bedroom at 330, I got in a solid 7 hrs of 7 hrs 20 min in bed.
    Not hungry. I may actually listen to my body today in regards to breakfast. I'm hoping to help my body purge itself of the cause of the aforementioned TMI.
    I find that when I am FOS, I don't get hungry... Eventually the tube gets full and no more go in without some come out...

PrimalCon New York
    The day just keeps getting better. The lead drafter has decided he's an engineer and platman, too, and has decided in his own mind that I'm inept because I don't have my seal and don't have a magic 8 ball to give him an immediate yes or no.
    My Primal Battle Tome