Page 82 of 278 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 82

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    <reads, shaking his head>...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Wait, what? I go DOWN a size and the pretty bras pop up?! WTF? *search* Wait, they started making pretty bras for people like me?! Shit, there goes my birthday money... here we go eBay!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Why am I awake at the godforsaken, piece of shit hour on a Saturday? Because I HAD to come into work today "in case the drafter might have questions on [my] projects." And apparently, giving them my phone number and saying for them to CALL ME (i.e. use motherfucking technology) wasn't enough. I had to physically be here. Even worse is that the drafter for 75% of the drafting work ISN'T HERE and no one is working on any of my motherfucking projects. But I hafta be here anyways, on my goddammed weekend, because my projects are next in the list and no one knows if they'll get to my shit or not. My weekend is my motherfucking, father stabbing OWN. It's not here so that drafting can sit on their goddammed thumbs until they decide they have a question that could be answered by a 5 second PHONE CALL. So I'm stuck here for the next couple hours because these jackasses are too damn inept to use motherfucking technology.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I went home and went back to bed. Drama done.
    Saturday EMF weigh- in: 125.4 Not bad for a week that include Dinky Emperor, Chinese Buffet, and Valentine's day...
    My Primal Battle Tome

I actually took off a couple hours this morning sick. Mostly from rectal blindness, but also because I think my niece was kind enough to leave ick behind when she left last night.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Rectal blindness sucks.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Especially when you have two projects due in the next couple days.
    Seriously thinking I may have a fever to go with the ick.
    I think I'm buying lox on my way home. I'm craving lox and cream cheese like nobody's business.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Had lox and cream cheese for lunch. Still not hungry.
    Wen to the doc, got diagnosed with a sinus infection and given abx. I hate the damn abx, but I think I've been fighting this crud for a while.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Now that I'm partially back in the land of the living, I can expound a bit more than sound bites and blurbs.
    Lunch yesterday and 8 oz lox and 4 oz cream cheese. Dinner was half a shrimp salad from Steak Express (I picked out everything but half the lettuce- iceberg lettuce.)
    I'm also curious to see what kind of water weight I lose on the antibiotics. I'm wondering how much being sick impacted healing other parts of my body and losing weight. We'll see.
    Got 6.5 hrs sleep last night out of 7 hrs in bed. I'd really like to up that efficiency, but I know part of that half hour was falling asleep and you don't want to fall asleep too quickly because it means you're sleep deprived. It looks like I was out in 10 minutes, which is about right. It's the rest of the 20 minutes that I want to make go away. I did wake at around 4 and walk to the bedroom from the living room futon. I need to start passing out in bed first.
    Today is that management meeting. Hoping they choose a decent restaurant to deliver. I'm getting really tired of iceberg salads and single burger patties (my only choice when they order from a sandwich shack or order everyone a hamburger.) I may end up running out before the meeting and grabbing an edible lunch if that happens.
    I am gaining a reputation that I don't want: I'm apparently the client whisperer. If you hand me a project with a difficult client or missed deadline or whatever, I somehow (usually by stumbling into it) work milagros and get them at least to give us what we need. Apparently, there's been a few that I've ended up having smiling and laughing about a missed deadline. I don't know how I do it. I don't know if I want that claim to fame, because I hate dealing with clients to begin with. Developers and architects are generally morons.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Breakfast was a tricloptic bacon fauxrito. Scramble two eggs and a yolk in a bowl, pour into a hot, oversized pan so it spreads. Nuke the bacon. When it's pretty much cooked through, flip the egg mass completely. Cook another minute, pull out, and wrap around your bacon. Wrap in a towel and eat like a burrito.
    My Primal Battle Tome