Page 78 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 78

Primal Fuel
    That's interesting. I read a book about someone with what I guess is classic aphasia (The Man With the Shattered World, A.R. Luria), which was a case study from the early 20th century about a soldier who suffered a brain injury, and could not properly focus on objects or words.

If he would look at the word word, for example, the right half of it would disappear, and then so would half of the remaining half as he looked at that, and so on.

I'm not sure if what you're describing is aphasia though (even anomic). You substitute rather than being unable to recall words; there must be some sort of term for that, but beats the hell outta me what that would be.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have both. I think the substitution is an adaptation that didn't quite do what my brain thought it would do.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm having Little Caesar's tonight and calling it a carb refeed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Naiad - did I see that it was your birthday yesterday ?????
    Belated hippy hoppy happy birthday wishes
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanks, Gwamma!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Little Caesar's has lost it's flavor. That or I can't taste what once made it so good. Seriously. Even my beloved crazy bread tasted like soggy cardboard with a side of garlic parm. This both elates and saddens me. It saddens me because that was one of two pizza joints I could actually eat from without fear of cottonseed. It elates me that I'm FINALLY getting to not liking bread, after three years.
    I have also noticed, since going sugarless again, I can only taste fruit sugar. Table sugar I can only taste in small quantities that amplify natural sweetness. In the doses the rest of the world eats it, I physically don't taste it OR taste only the sugar to the fact it drowns out everything other flavor.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    That or I can't taste what once made it so good.

It is $5. That is the only thing that makes it good, and that is only if you are destitute or a college student (yes, I know, the department of redundency department called.)

Interesting observation about fruit sugars. I am noticing the same - apples, tomatoes, onions, etc all taste sweet as heck to me. I used about 1/4 of a packet of stevia the other day and had to toss out my tea it was so horrifyingly sweet. (Not to mention that artificial sweetners taste like sweat of a ball sack...well, what I image such would taste like.)

Hell, even up until a mater of a few weeks ago, I was all about the Crazy Bread. Hot yeasty bread? Garlic? Parm? What wasn't to love? Then again, this is the first time in ages I've had Dinky Emperor and not been starving, so there's your first clue. Hunger makes anything taste like manna from heaven.
    I've never sweetened tea. Ever. There's a whole act when they serve me sweet tea instead that's reminiscent of giving a dog a pill. My husband wanted sugar to go with my blackberries and I honestly had to stop and wonder why for a few seconds, because they were plenty sweet.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've never sweetened tea. Ever.
    I don't usually, but I over-brewed it and was trying to save it. Needless to say it was a double fail.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I just water down over-brewed tea.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).