Page 71 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 71

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Spent the night last night at the in-laws. I just couldn't face an empty house again. Before I went to sleep, my MIL blessed me, in the Mexican RC tradition. How much water it holds with the church, I don't give a flying fuck in a high wind. It made her feel better and, even though I'm not RC or even religious, it made me feel better that she cared enough to do it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Whatever it takes to get you through the night. I hope you get your Geek back today.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've never been great at making friends. I think it was only in high school that I had more than a few nearby. I tend to scare off the locals. Not intentionally, but a person like me generally isn't well accepted. I'm libertarian, they're republican. I abhor country, that's all they listen to. I'm not religious, "God is [their] life." I'm not a round peg for the round hole.
    In my more depressive moments, I do wonder what it'd be like to have more friends, to be closer to "Normal." I wonder how much of myself I'd hafta swallow to get close. Reality always kicks in, but I still fantasize about not being the odd one out, especially when Geek's not in town.
    I'm also an odd one out most of the time. I never feel as if I fit in. I always feel oddly abnormal compared to most people. It always starts out well, but I guess I turn people off b/c I don't keep friends for long - they soon just become acquaintances. The only person I still have regular contact with is my husband. I can't even tell you the last time I talked to a friend on the phone. If my phone rings, I can 'bout guarantee it's my husband.

I feel your pain. No close girlfriends makes for a lonely life, even if you do have a husband and kids to share it with.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm also an odd one out most of the time. I never feel as if I fit in. I always feel oddly abnormal compared to most people. It always starts out well, but I guess I turn people off b/c I don't keep friends for long - they soon just become acquaintances. The only person I still have regular contact with is my husband. I can't even tell you the last time I talked to a friend on the phone. If my phone rings, I can 'bout guarantee it's my husband.

I feel your pain. No close girlfriends makes for a lonely life, even if you do have a husband and kids to share it with.
    This is most definitely how I am. The funny thing is that I've always been considered to be "one of the guys". The few people that I confide in #1 aren't female #2 aren't my spouse and #3 aren't anyone in my family. I've found about one or 2 male friends that I can trust and that's how its been for me.

I'm definitely one of the guys. Most chicks are just irritating to me. Unfortunately, most guys see my "friendliness" as "flirting, she wants to cheat on her husband." I love my Guys, but they can rarely hang out.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely one of the guys. Most chicks are just irritating to me. Unfortunately, most guys see my "friendliness" as "flirting, she wants to cheat on her husband." I love my Guys, but they can rarely hang out.
    That is because they are idiots. I mean, I like flirting (even if imagined) as much as the next dude, but who the frack thinks anyone wants to cheat on their spouse especially if their spouse is also a friend? WTF guys, seriously, W.T.F.?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That is because they are idiots. I mean, I like flirting (even if imagined) as much as the next dude, but who the frack thinks anyone wants to cheat on their spouse especially if their spouse is also a friend? WTF guys, seriously, W.T.F.?
    Oh, the Guys know I'm not actively hitting on them. It's any new friends I try to get to hang out, especially if they haven't met Geek yet.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think most guys believe we are flirting. Heck, one of my guys tells me I have a fear of women. I don't have a fear of women, I just don't like how they can be catty and talk about everyone like they don't know it. I have realized, that the few women I call "friends" most of them are just like me. I still wouldn't make an effort to call them up, but I still consider them friends none the less.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Nk I hope your stress level goes down soon and you get your Geek back.

I don't have many friends either. I have colleagues and theatre aquaintances, but good friends are hard to come by. I still keep in touch with my BFs from home and college, but they both live 3-5 hrs from me.

I get along well with men too, but now I have to be careful. My Cheerful Personality and Primal Hotness are a lethal combo. Freaking Primal! :P

Crap. I really misread this situation.