Page 7 of 249 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome page 7

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Today is not a good day to be in my head. A weight above 130 didn't help my self esteem, either. I'm trying to convince myself it's just my winter weight coming on, but I'm not swallowing my own BS today.
    Upping my carbs has minorly helped with always being cold. Course, that could also be hyperthyroidism as well. It has definitively helped with the desire to snack after dinner, though. That's gone at this carb level.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hmm... I wonder if it's in your best interest to weigh at all right now. When I was still trying to lose weight, I stopped weighing myself entirely except for about once a month, for a while. It helped disconnect the more negative feelings associated with seeing ANY number on the scale. Seems like right now, focusing more on your feelings (emotional and physical) would be a good idea. I know some people seem to do better having a number for reference though (never been true for me).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

You may have a point. I dunno. I've been having some disordered thoughts ("purging" the excess weight type thoughts.) I've seen in the past that I can be susceptible to ED thoughts, especially when my head is screwy.
    I thought about a mental health day, but I can't afford to take off yet, even if I do have sick days. I think that might actually make things worse,as opposed to work to keep me occupied and out of my own head.
    Had the most bizarre thing happen earlier. The secretary (receptionist?) has been coming down with the gunk going around, and I gave her a few of my "Kill Everything Tea." I didn't think anything of it. Hell, the two teas I use to make it are cheap enough. She insisted on paying me for them after the first batch though. I tried to decline it, but she was determined. She gave me a $5 for 3 doses of the stuff, saying that I hafta buy the tea anyways. It threw me. Things like that always throw me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Dinner will be jambalaya (yes, with rice.) Geek has bread to with it. Jambalaya has sausage, shrimp, chicken, rice, tomato, ro-tel, bell, jalapeno, celery, spices, and homemade chicken bone broth.
    I have noticed a higher susceptibility to the blurring between reality and fiction. I've always had minor issues with this (the reason I don't watch scary movies or certain tv series.) Certain things just latch into my brain and cause worry. Even historical catastrophes can set it off. I believe it is tied to the anxiety and a hyperactive imagination. I'm not sure if it's tied to the wheat or not. I do know it is tied to visual. Reading it doesn't have the same effect. I wonder if it is tied to one of my already known mental illnesses or another one in my family history.
    I also can't watch scary movies and sometimes weird stuff sets off my anxiety, and other times, it doesn't at all. Can't watch Walking Dead, but handle Boardwalk Empire just fine. Both are violent.

Just read The Female Brain by Louann Brizendene and she talks about women being more susceptible to the imagery of violence and it causing a strong anxiety reaction. Man, that book changed my whole view of myself, now I'm like, it's not me being a wimp, it's just 10s of 1000s of years of primal neurology that was used to keep me and my offspring alive and well. Because think about it, you are off in an enclave with your community, the men leave to hunt, the women group together to help protect each other while they gather. You see a hugely violent episode with one of the children being mauled. It is crucial that everyone has a visceral reaction so that everyone grabs a child or a stick to stave off further attack. Our brains don't know that it is just a movie, our brain always reacts in a way to best protect us and keep us alive.

Huh. Apparently, being literally full of shit puts me in a shitty mood. Just left a deposit and my mood has gotten considerably better.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Huh. Apparently, being literally full of shit puts me in a shitty mood. Just left a deposit and my mood has gotten considerably better.
    Absolutely. The dog takes a crap, and then he runs around because he feels better. Mrs. FW once bet on a horse when she saw it took a pre-race crap, with the idea that he'd feel lighter, and of course the damn thing won.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    "Kill Everything" is an awesome name for a tea blend. Seriously. If you ever sell stuff like that on etsy or somewhere online, names like that are awesome (to me, I don't know about the rest of the world). That's cool that she paid you, but I definitely get the sense of being thrown off balance by those kinds of gestures. It's like a "I didn't think of it like that" kind of response to getting paid for something you just do. I'm starting to get used to my mom paying me for computer work or exchanging for goods/services. It's be less weird if we weren't related, but I'd be just as awkward about a stranger, I'm sure.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I give it away because it's a blend of two bagged teas I get at HEB. I consider it illegal to sell it (actively) because of that, although I don't know the real rules on that. If I could figure out what the blend in one is, I'm sure I could do a true loose leaf blend of my own, but I'm still trying to nail it down and figure out what the active ingredients for this purpose are.
    I call it that because it'll kill any bug you get (with the exception of a stomach bug, still ironing out the tea for that one.) Seriously. If you drink this tea within a few hours of showing symptoms, the bug straight up dies within a couple more hours. If you catch it later, it still shortens the time you're sick and lessens the symptoms. Seems to work best with feverish and respiratory sicks.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Can you tell us the 2 teas you blend? I would love to have some around during this season!

I also read that leaving a cut onion soaks up viruses in your house, I may try it at work, lol.

PrimalCon New York
    Tazo Calm and a green tea. I think it's the chamomile and mint that are active in the Calm.
    The onion thing is actually false. It only kills the ones that land on it within 15 min of being cut. It does nothing for the ones still in the air and all that.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 7 of 249 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast